This weekends game will feature several match ups that may decide the conclusion to the game. Just to look back, last weeks match up winners were Fitzgerald, Levi Brown, Dansby, and DRC vs. Steve Smith, and the young-gun did what he was supposed to do. I'm not an expert but I'd say I called 'em last week. This week I will touch base with the current match ups.
- Lyle Sendlein vs. Mike Patterson/ Brodrick Bunkley - Like Hawk touched on, Lyle will need to play his best game on Sunday. Not only will he need to spot the blitz, but contain these two, something New York was unable to do last Sunday.
- Gerald Hayes vs. Brian Westbrook - I heard somewhere that when facing a star running back, Hayes only job is the rush the gap and make a tackle, nothing else. That may be what Gerald will have to do this Sunday.
- Fitzgerald/Boldin vs. Samuel/Brown - This may be the match up of the game. If our receivers can get off the ball and get YAC, that will put this offense in great field position. If Boldin plays throughout the game, that will also be an important factor. Philadelphia's CBs will have their hands full but are very capable of containing these two pro bowl receivers.
- Dominique Rogers-Cromartie vs. DeSean Jackson - They are both rookies with bright futures ahead of them. Jackson has been McNabb's go-to man, while DRC has developed nicely into one of the few shut down corners. He's not quite there but can improve if he contains the speedy Jackson on Sunday.
- Darnell Dockett vs. Nick Cole - We haven't heard much from Dockett lately, and that will need to change Sunday. Dockett will need to play with that same intensity that we saw in the Dallas game. He said he felt like it was a "playoff atmosphere" that game, and now it really is. If he is able to get passed Cole, and disrupt plays/get to McNabb/Bat down balls, then it will make life difficult on McNabb and the passing game.
The Cardinals need to come out with a tough mentality, and not get ahead of themselves. It's pretty simple, If the Arizona Cardinals can win the majority of these match ups, expect the game to be over by the third quarter.