The NFL has released it's second update (check out the first one here) on the fan voting for the Pro Bowl and the Arizona Cardinals still have quite a few guys in the top five at their respective positions. As we all know the fans don't get the final say, in fact their input accounts for just a third of the overall process, but it's nice way to judge the popularity of players on a national level. We've started a segment here campaigning for some deserving Cardinals (check out Dockett's, Warner's Fitz's and Graham's story) and we've got more to come but for now we all need to go vote, early and often.
- Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Wilson: Nothing's changed with these two guys as they both lead their respective positions and Fitz is still among the top five overall vote-getters. Both Fitz and A-dub seem like a lock to represent the NFC as starters again this season.
- Antrel Rolle: Rolle actually dropped a place to third among NFC free safeties.
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie: DRC still sits fourth among NFC cornerbacks.
- Darnell Dockett: Nine-0 remains unchanged, at fourth, despite racking up six sacks and 15 tackles in the past four games.
- Kurt Warner: Ole Grey Beard moved into the top five and currently sits at fourth overall.
- Ben Graham: The Aussie punter is finally getting some recognition as he's moved into fifth overall among his NFC counterparts.
It still seems like Anquan Boldin and Karlos Dansby have the chance or at least ability to make some headway in the voting but neither rank in the top five at their position so far. LaRod Stephen-Howling is also starting to get some recognition among NFC special teamers, but it should be noted that rookies are rarely rewarded at this position.
If you're looking for something to brag about to any fans of NFC West teams, the Cardinals have seven players who rank among the top five at their postions while the 49ers have three (Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis), the Rams have just one (Steven Jackson) and the Seahawks have a big, fat goose egg. Don't get too cocky though because this weeks opponent, the Vikings, have 23!