With the clock ticking down the Arizona Cardinals preseason finale against the Denver Broncos, it's time to look at who might have the biggest impact on tonight's game. Since the Cardinals' starters are not expected to play much more than a couple of series, it's likely that a standout performance will come from alittle further down the depth chart. With that in mind, here's a look at this week's candidates:
- Tyler Palko: Palko stole the show the last time that he was on the field (8 for 15, 103 yards and touchdown), in the preseason opener against the Steelers and he's expected to play quite a bit in tonight's contest. He should get every single snap of the second half so he'll certainly have his chance to make a huge impact as well as his case for the 3rd QB on this roster.
- Lance Long and Orea Jones: With Anquan Boldin and Early Doucet completely out for tonight's game and Steve Breaston most likely limited, Long and Jones should see quite a bit of action again. Long has shown some flashes over the past year and a half but he failed to come up big last week in extended playing time and this could very well be his last chance to impress the Cardinals coaching staff. Jones is most likely showcasing himself for other teams but so far he's the only wide receiver on the team with multiple touchdowns and he'll look to add to those number tonight.
- Jason Wright: With Tim Hightower and Chris Wells not expected to receive a ton of playing time and the concussion situation with LaRod Stephens-Howling, Wright could be in store for a significant work load. It's likely that his carries could climb into the double digits during the second half and he'll look to build on a solid game against the Packers.
- Will Davis: Davis is seemingly getting better and better each week and against the Packers he totaled four tackles and a sack. He'll receive the bulk of the snaps again tonight and repeat performance shouldn't be out of the question.
- Reggie Walker: Walker is following in Ali Highsmith's foot steps from last season considering that he's an undrafted free agent who is turning heads and making a serious case for a roster spot. With the lack of depth at inside backer look for Walker to receive a ton of snaps as the coaching staff tries to find someone to fill the void.
- Rashad Johnson: Call me crazy but I'm coming from the gut on this one. I've just got a feeling that RJ is going to impact this game in some form or fashion. He dropped a sure-pick against the Chargers but I get the feeling that he'll record his first interception tonight.
Who would you add or subtract from the list? Who's going to make the biggest impact?
Which Arizona Cardinals' player will have the biggest impact on tonight's game?
Tyler Palko (49 votes)
Orea Jones (4 votes)
Lance Long (15 votes)
Jason Wright (10 votes)
Will Davis (17 votes)
Reggie Walker (17 votes)
Rashad Johnson (12 votes)
124 total votes