Three season-long participants went with Peyton Manning's Colts and were reminded that Jacksonville still has an NFL team and they weren't playing a Pop Warner team of 8-year old kids. Three participants came and went so fast I barely had a chance to know their usernames. Fare thee well. Ten participants are still in the running having survived the first four weeks of this odd NFL season. Can they survive Week Five? Can those in a trailing position catch up?
|Week 1 - 4 Survivors
||AlaskanCard, blank_38, CardsIrish, Cuckoo for Coco Puffs, Dem_Cardz, Drullin'OverDaCards, jallred350, manphibian, quid pro quo, SenSurround, StuckinColorado
|Week 2 - 4 Survivors
|Week 4 Survivor
|I drank what?
||az78true, CARDstuckinVA, Fitz Jizzle, Gildo, hadrarius, robloosli
Pick'em Survival is relatively straightforward:
- You pick ONE team to win each week. You don't pick every game, just one team that will win each week out of one game. If you pick a team and they fail to win, you are eliminated, with no chance to join again (it's a thrill-ride I know).
- Another determining factor in the Survival Pick'em League is that you cannot select a single team more then once in the season. So save a "hot" team for a week of unfavourable match-ups. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. I'll check your submissions leading up to game day and if I note you're using a team for a second time, I'll ask you to change. If you don't change or I don't notice until too late, your steak ends.
- The winner of the league needs to have the longest stretch of games picked correctly. You can start your picks late, depending on a favorable match up that starts later, but be careful you don't start too late. You can also end your streak whenever you want but don't end it too early, or somebody could pass your stretch. So if SenSurround picks week 1 through week 11 correct, then SenSurround has lasted through 64% of the season. If hevchv doesn't start till week 3, then picks through week 17 correct, he lasted 88% of the season and he would win. If we end up with a tie, the tie breaker is the lowest winning percentage of the teams used to survive. If it's still a tie, we'll get creative.
- You cannot skip a week once you start the streak. You miss a week your streak is done.
- Submission are simple: post your ONE team every week. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. The only deadline is to submit your pick before that game's opening kick off time, so it's feasible to party hard all weekend and still use one of the MNF teams to keep the streak going..if either of those teams haven't already been used earlier in the season.