You're only as good as your last game. Or for preseason's sake, as good as you played while the starters were in the game. If this holds true, we have a long way to go. Although we ran a basic offense, we expected our starters to at least put a few points on the board. Now with this game our starters will have an even harder time getting on the score board with Fitz and Early likely not playing. In a rematch of a late season loss we expect to play as a much better team this time around.
The starters will probably see another 3-4 series this game before the caps replace the helmets. During the game here are a few things to watch for...
- USC vs Texas: From their championship game in college, to last year's miraculous drive, Matt has not been able to get the better of Vince Young. For maybe a quarter will Matt finally be the better QB.
- Cards Backs vs Titans LBs: Can Beanie and Timmy move the chains on a Titans LB unit not featuring Keith Bullock for the first time in many years?
- Breaston vs Finnegan/McCourty: With no Fitzgerald or Boldin occupying a double team, will Breaston be able to stretch the field by himself?
- Chris Johnson vs Washington/Lenon: Johnson has said that this year he will not only lead the league in rushing yards again, but that he will do with 2500 yards on the ground. This will probably be the best test for our new ILBs. If they can handle CJ, the sky is the limit, right?
- Kenny Britt vs Adams/Toler/Ware: Britt thinks what happened last year is just a precursor to what is to come with him. Ware does not want to see that same result again I'm sure.
- Anderson vs Titans Secondary: Derek wants to redeem himself for what happened last week. Can he zip through the secondary unscathed this time?
If you feel there are some other match-ups I missed, which there are plenty, feel free to add your comments below. Let's Go Cards!