Story Bump: A few "regulars" haven't submitted NE yet, er, their pick yet, so a light bump while the West Coast sleeps. Those of you still yearning for the standard Pick'em league, <---- link.
Quickly participants have learned that a Survival League isn't so much about picking the hot team but picking the lousy one as much as possible. For example, pick whoever Buffalo is playing. First week, Miami (four picked). Last week, Green Bay to the tune of eleven participants picking that match up. Sadly, two didn't survive as they choked as much as the Rams and Cowboys did with their opportunities. The rest of the "dead" just plumb forgot to make a pick...thank you for playing! For all those that forgot there were a new folks that jumped into the mix, so welcome and the best of luck with your Week 3 picks. I predict a run of New England choices. Remember though, once you've picked a team you cannot pick them again later down the line...and Buffalo will get lucky eventually.
|Week 1 & 2 Survivors
||AlaskanCard, az78true, blank_38, CardsIrish, Cuckoo for Coco Puffs, Dem_Cardz, Drullin'OverDaCards, ELrupps, hadrarius, jallred350, manphibian, quid pro quo, Red Reign, robloosli, SenSurround, StuckinColorado, toolman234
|Week 2 Survivors
||Cardinalfever, KDean75, pthesz, scsa69
|They're Dead, Jim
||209Cardsfan, AJ BirdWatcher, b0rd3rline, boogatt66, Reo Hays, sc464, TBru
Pick'em Survival is relatively straightforward:
- You pick ONE team to win each week. You don't pick every game, just one team that will win each week out of one game. If you pick a team and they fail to win, you are eliminated, with no chance to join again (it's a thrill-ride I know).
- Another determining factor in the Survival Pick'em League is that you cannot select a single team more then once in the season. So save a "hot" team for a week of unfavourable match-ups. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. I'll check your submissions leading up to game day and if I note you're using a team for a second time, I'll ask you to change. If you don't change or I don't notice until too late, your steak ends.
- The winner of the league needs to have the longest stretch of games picked correctly. You can start your picks late, depending on a favorable match up that starts later, but be careful you don't start too late. You can also end your streak whenever you want but don't end it too early, or somebody could pass your stretch. So if SenSurround picks week 1 through week 11 correct, then SenSurround has lasted through 64% of the season. If hevchv doesn't start till week 3, then picks through week 17 correct, he lasted 88% of the season and he would win. If we end up with a tie, the tie breaker is the lowest winning percentage of the teams used to survive. If it's still a tie, we'll get creative.
- You cannot skip a week once you start the streak. You miss a week your streak is done.
- Submission are simple: post your ONE team every week. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. The only deadline is to submit your pick before that game's opening kick off time, so it's feasible to party hard all weekend and still use one of the MNF teams to keep the streak going..if either of those teams haven't already been used earlier in the season.