GLENDALE, AZ - NOVEMBER 06: Calais Campbell 2011 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Halfway through the 2011 season the Arizona Cardinals have struggled. I'm going to call it what it really is, a rebuilding season. 2 - 6. A new QB, a resigned #1 WR. A solid when healthy RB in his third season. A new DC with a new scheme. But while rebuilding, the organization cannot lose vital people. With that in mind, hit the jump to see who from the Cards roster is a free agent in 2012.
The folks over at the NFL Trade Rumors site have created a listing of 2012s free agents, and it can be seen here. I've complied a list of the Arizona Cardinals players below.
- QB Richard Bartel: Current third string QB. Played well in preseason. I'm sure the Cards wouldn't mind having him back for the right price.
- RB LaRod Stephens-Howling: Dynamic KR. A change of pace back. Makes plays when he touches the ball.
- TE Mike Leach: Never underestimate the value of a good long snapper.
- OT Levi Brown: I blame the coaching staff here. He is not who you think he is. Move him to RT, let him compete for the spot.
- DE Calais Campbell: As I've already read, re-sign him now, the cost just keeps rising.
- DE Vonnie Holliday: He was going to retire when he was traded. Provides nice depth, but might not be viable for 2012.
- OLB Clark Haggans: Having a solid year. If I were to keep a vet around to tutor the young, he would be it.
- CB Greg Toler: Injured himself to start the 2011 season. Shows potential. Is the type of physical QB Horton likes.
- S Rashad Johnson: He's starting due to injury. I've yet to see why they drafted him in the 3rd round. It's just not there. Could they bring him back? It's possible.
- K Jay Feely: He's consistent with the PAT. He places the kickoff deep. He's struggled with the FG this season.