It's almost time for kickoff between the Arizona Cardinals and the Philadelphia Eagles back east at Lincoln Financial field. There have been numerous Cardinals players on the weekly injury report by Jess Root, the last of which can be found here. Kevin Kolb again hasn't practiced all week. Joey Porter has a banged up knee.Todd Heap and Rob Housler are damaged goods.
Hit the jump to find out who won't be suited up today as the Cards quest for an east coast W.
Sitting for the Cards this game are:
- QB Kevin Kolb: It is the turf toe monster man!
- FS Kerry Rhodes: A broken foot has a few weeks of healing left.
- OLB Joey Porter: A chronic knee injury.
- TE Rob Housler: Sprained groin.
- TE Todd Heap: Hammy.
- FB Anthony Sherman: An ankle injury is the culprit.
- WR Stephen Williams: A numbers game?
- OT D'Anthony Batiste: Maybe Duece got out of the dog house?
John Skelton starts. That is the news of the day. again. Beanie Wells is playing, which helps the 2nd year QB. Todd Heap has found a permanent home on the inactive list. Jeff King and Jim Dray are good run blocking TEs. Time for a healthy dose of run and play action.
Here are the Eagles' inactive players:
- WR DeSean Jackson: He's benched for missing a meeting.
- G Evan Mathis: Again the turf toe monster strikes.
- QB Mike Kafka
- FS Nate Allen
- DE Phillip Hunt
- OT Winston Justice
- CB Curtis Marsh
The big pieces are DeSean Jackson who is their #1 punt returner and a threat. Nate Allen being gone from their secondary opens the Eagles over the top. And with Evan Mathis being sidelined, expect to see pressure in the middle to get after Mike Vick.
That's all I have. And hour and ten minutes to kickoff. Catch everyone on the flip side.