"Oh no, we suck again!"
Guess not as none of the that happened due to an excellent showing by the Arizona Cardinals defense which snubbed the Eagles like Vick use to snub d... Ummm, that's slightly tasteless so I'm not going to finish that sentence just like how the Eagles can't finish a game... Sorry again, I'll stop talking about how bad the Eagles are despite spending the most money in free agency and having supposedly the best trio of CB's. It's not like they gave up 3 TD's and 300 yards to a second year player out of a tiny school... oh wait, they did. I mean John Skelton even gave them a INT for TD as a charity gift he felt so bad for them!
Ok enough of my bad humor, on to the five positives for the game!
1) Calais Campbell: After an epic blocked kick he follows it up a fantastic INT at the timeliest of moments (in our own redzone). What will Super Man do next? Score a TD? Oh my, Whisenhunt put the man at tailback!
2) Daryl Washington: If Calais is Super Man, who is DWash? Batman? Captain America? Quail Man? Again Mr. Washington had another great game, registering 10 total tackles, 9 of them being solo. He was menaced Vick all game long and played at an elite level for a second straight game. I already ordered my black Washington jersey (yeaaaah boy!)
3) Pass defense: Our pass defense came in ranked 29th in the league in pass yards allowed per game, against the Eagles they allowed a measly 123. The pass defense did get some help from DWash, Campbell, Sam Acho and O'Brien Schofield who together held Michael Vick to one of his worst outings ever - a 32.5 QB rating with 2 picks and no TD's.
4) John Skelton: The second year player out of Fordham 'gone done it again!' While at times it was very ugly (started out 4-12 passing) he made up for every mistake with an even bigger play and despite throwing two costly INT's he bounced back to throw 3 TD's, two to our main man Larry Fitzgerald and the last one being the game winner to Early Doucet. The kid has moxy.
5) Larry Fitzgerald: If Campbell is Super Man and Dwash is... oh never mind. Larry had his best game of the season with 7 receptions for 146 yards and 2 TD's. He averaged 20.6 yards a catch with a long of 42 that put the team in position to win the game. Larry also became the franchise leader in TD's. The guy is unbelievable.
Now, on to the 49ers and week of arguing over the starting QB!