Time for another look at the games from this past weekend, which wound up turning out a few interesting results.
The main stories for me wound up being the Suh Stomp, Suggs giving Alex Smith nightmares, Leinart finally getting an opportunity to start again but having it ruined by a broken collarbone, CJ2.8 yards per carry finally having a good game, Sanchez somehow having a four touchdown game when he completed lass than half of his passes, Caleb Hanie not knowing how to spike the ball, the Dream Team's nightmare continuing, and Tebow continuing to be Tebow.
Green Bay Packers vs Detroit Lions Recap - November 24, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- While it's a new Detroit Lions club, it was the usual result on Thanksgiving as Green Bay remained undefeated with a 27-15 victory over the Lions at Ford Field. The Packers moved to 11-0 for the first time in club history and further solidified their lock on the NFC North as they now have a four-game lead over Detroit (7-4) and a 3 1/2-game lead over Chicago, which will play at Oakland on Sunday.
Miami Dolphins vs Dallas Cowboys Recap - November 24, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Dan Bailey kicked a 28-yard field goal as time expired to lift the Dallas Cowboys to a 20-19 victory over the Miami Dolphins on Thanksgiving. Tony Romo overcame a pair of first-quarter interceptions to throw two touchdown passes to Laurent Robinson for Dallas (7-4), which has won four games in row and sits a half-game ahead of the New York Giants for first place in the NFC East.
San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens Recap - November 24, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Dennis Pitta's first career touchdown proved to be the difference and the Baltimore Ravens tied a franchise record with nine sacks en route to a 16-6 victory over the San Francisco 49ers. The game saw the first-ever meeting in the NFL of head-coach brothers, with John Harbaugh guiding Baltimore and San Francisco's Jim Harbaugh patrolling the opposing sideline. The older brother got the better of his younger sibling thanks mainly to a suffocating defense led by Terrell Suggs' three sacks.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Tennessee Titans Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Chris Johnson ran for a season-high 190 yards and Damian Williams caught a go-ahead, two-yard touchdown pass late in the fourth quarter as the Tennessee Titans defeated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 23-17, in a wild game that saw nine turnovers.
Minnesota Vikings vs Atlanta Falcons Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Matt Ryan threw his third touchdown pass in the fourth quarter to give Atlanta some cushion, and the Falcons defense followed with a goal-line stand to secure a 24-14 victory over the Vikings on Sunday. "Did we make it exciting enough for you?" Atlanta head coach Mike Smith said. Ryan completed 27-of-34 passes for 262 yards to help the Falcons (7-4) stay in the thick of the NFC South race.
Cleveland Browns vs Cincinnati Bengals Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- A.J. Green's 51-yard catch set up Mike Nugent's game-winning field goal in the final minute, lifting the Cincinnati Bengals to a 23-20 win over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Green leaped to catch Andy Dalton's high pass in the middle of the field, then raced to the right sideline before he was pushed out of bounds at the two-yard line. Nugent's 26-yard kick on fourth down gave Cincinnati its first lead of the game with 38 seconds left. It came after Cleveland's Phil Dawson missed a 55-yarder at the other end on a bad snap.
Buffalo Bills vs New York Jets Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Mark Sanchez completed fewer than 50 percent of his passes and heard boos from the crowd. But those same fans cheered in unison when the third-year quarterback found Santonio Holmes for a 16-yard touchdown with 1:01 remaining in the fourth quarter to lift the New York Jets to a much-needed 28-24 win over the Buffalo Bills. Sanchez set a career-high with four touchdown passes while finishing with 180 yards and one interception for the Jets (6-5), who snapped a two-game losing streak. "One thing we can say is we finished," said New York head coach Rex Ryan. "It might not have been the prettiest thing, but we finished and I'll take that any day of the week."
Carolina Panthers vs Indianapolis Colts Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Sherrod Martin's interception with 35 seconds remaining sealed the Carolina Panthers' 27-19 victory over the winless Indianapolis Colts. The Colts took over their own 28 with 3:09 to play and marched down the field. Faced with a 4th-and-5 from the 15, Austin Collie caught a 12-yard pass over the middle. Just two plays later, Curtis Painter's pass to Collie in the back of the end zone hit off the wide receiver's hands and set up an interception. Martin managed to catch the ball and get both feet in.
Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Rookie T.J Yates came in for an injured Matt Leinart and led the Houston Texans to a 20-13 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Making his first start since 2009, Leinart completed 10-of-13 passes for 57 yards and a touchdown before leaving in the first half with a shoulder injury. Yates connected on 8-of-15 passes for 70 yards in relief. Starter Matt Schaub was placed on injured reserve earlier this week due to a foot injury. Leinart could also be out for the season if a report on NFL.com is accurate and he has a broken collarbone. Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said X-rays were inconclusive. Leinart will have more tests done when the team gets back to Houston.
Washington Redskins vs Seattle Seahawks Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Rex Grossman tossed the go-ahead 50-yard touchdown pass to Anthony Armstrong in the fourth quarter, leading the Washington Redskins to a hard-fought 23-17 victory over the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday. Grossman finished with 314 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions on 26- of-35 passing, while Roy Helu had a nice day on the ground, rushing for 108 yards and a score for the Redskins (4-7), who snapped a six-game losing streak. "It's always difficult to accomplish what we did today, this is a hostile environment," Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan said. "I was proud of our whole football team."
Chicago Bears vs Oakland Raiders Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Sebastian Janikowski set a Raiders record by kicking six field goals, and AFC West-leading Oakland snapped a two-game skid at home with a 25-20 victory over the Chicago Bears. Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer completed 21-of-37 passes for 301 yards and was picked off once. Michael Bush had 69 yards and a fourth-quarter touchdown on 24 carries for Oakland (7-4), which earned its third straight win. "I'm very excited about a lot of good things that happened. We need to continue to get better and we will," said Oakland head coach Hue Jackson. Making his first NFL start in place of the injured Jay Cutler, Caleb Hanie finished with 254 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions for the Bears (7-4), who were aiming to win six in a row.
Denver Broncos vs San Diego Chargers Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Tim Tebow engineered yet another comeback for the Broncos, and Matt Prater's 37-yard field goal with 29 seconds remaining in overtime lifted Denver over the reeling San Diego Chargers, 16-13. Tebow led Denver to a game-tying field goal with 1:34 left in regulation, then moved the ball into Chargers territory late in OT after San Diego's Nick Novak pushed his 53-yard field goal attempt wide right. After a first-down run by Tebow, Willis McGahee ran up the middle for a 24- yard gain to reach the Chargers' 17-yard line. A kneel down by Tebow preceded Prater splitting the uprights to keep the Broncos (6-5) in the AFC West title hunt.
New England Patriots vs Philadelphia Eagles Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Tom Brady threw for 361 yards and three scores as the New England Patriots overcame an early hole to rout the Philadelphia Eagles, 38-20. Philadelphia got off to a flying start by taking a quick 10-0 advantage, but the Patriots outscored the Eagles 38-10 the rest of the way. "Tom did a good job of really pressing the issue, we felt we had some matchups that we could take advantage of, that's what Tom does best," Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Kansas City Chiefs Recap - November 27, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Keenan Lewis' interception with less than a minute to go in the fourth sealed a defensive 13-9 victory by the Pittsburgh Steelers over the Kansas City Chiefs. The Steelers' defense forced four turnovers overall in the contest, three interceptions and a fumble recovery. Ben Roethlisberger, who was playing with a broken thumb in his throwing hand, completed 21-of-31 passes for 193 yards with the game's lone touchdown and an interception for Pittsburgh (8-3), which is tied with the Baltimore Ravens for the top spot in the AFC North.
New York Giants vs New Orleans Saints Recap - November 28, 2011 - NFL - SB Nation
- Drew Brees was absolutely on fire Monday night, throwing for 363 yards and four touchdowns while leading the New Orleans Saints to a dominating 49-24 victory over the struggling New York Giants at the Superdome. Brees became the first player ever with four TD passes, 350 yards passing and a rushing touchdown on Monday Night Football. "It was a great team win," Brees said. "I feel like we have the opportunity to be better." Lance Moore and Jimmy Graham each caught a pair of touchdown passes for the Saints (8-3), who have won three in a row and sit one game ahead of the Falcons in the NFC South.