The Arizona Cardinals headed east to visit the St. Louis Rams last Sunday, coming away with a three point victory. The defense played well, allowing less than three hundred total yards of offense and holding workhorse Steven Jackson to sixty four yards rushing. The defense also pressured and sacked Sam Bradford, keeping him uncomfortable all day.
Without further ado, hit the jump to see the top five defensive plays of the game.
- Sam Acho strip/sack of Sam Bradford in the first quarter, Paris Lenon recovery. Coming off the edge, fighting through a block, Acho got his hand on the ball, stripping it. The Rams were driving, at the Arizona 16 yard line. This prevented Ram points on the board.
- Sam Acho sack in the second quarter that pushed the Rams out of TD range. Once again the Rams were driving, with the ball on Arizona's 8 yard line. Acho hits Bradford for a 9 yard loss. The Rams fall apart and settle for 3 points again, right before the half.
- Sam Acho fights through a block to get a hand on the ball and forces Lance Kendricks to fumble which eh then recovers on the Rams 27 yard line, placing the Cards in position to score.
- Patrick Peterson tackle of Austin Pettis just shy of the 30 yards line, which led to a punt situation that Patrick Peterson returned for a TD. Talk about setting yourself up.
- Daryl Washington hit on Lance Kendricks to break up a completion. This play forced the Rams to punt with 3:22 left in the game, and the Cards having a 3 point lead. The Cards were then able to work the clock using the run game and protect the lead.