I first off want to say that I am the biggest Darnell Dockett fan out there. I think he is a good defensive tackle. Saying this I believe trading him would be whats best for our team. I think 90 can get a second and a 4th pick in the draft this year by trading him to a 4-3 team which I believe he is more suited for (preferably someone we never face). I would go out there with the if you give me a second and forth then you can have him if you give me a second and fifth then go to hell Ill keep him.
Why Trade him:
- As we all know our OLB is a Weakness which I believe is much improved with Acho and Schofield in the game they may screw up but I no longer think its a weakness, and may even be a strength for the next 5 to 10 years.
- We need a second round draft pick. (more on this later)
- Large contract that if we can get equal or maybe a little less performance for a huge price drop why not?
- Its the Bill Belichick Way of doing business trade him while hes hot if he doesn't fit into the plans of the defense.
Why Keep Him:
-Very dynamic pass rusher and is in the back field a lot making plays behind the line of scrimmage.
- Team Leader in the Locker room and highly respected here in Arizona.
-Commonly draws double teams which is why his reduction in sacks but it keeps Washington free to make plays.
Now I say Trade him for 3 reasons:
1) Value is High and We need a second round pick this year.
2) We need to free up a little cap room for a WR opposite Larry Fitzgerald
3) His play doesn't fit well with a 5-2 defense
Why Do We so desperately need a second round pick?
- This coming year as far as I can tell will be very deep in Offensive Tackles. I think our first round pick should be a Left Tackle because they are hard to find and we need one badly. Our Second Round Pick should be used on Right tackle which should net us a very good right tackle.
Yours stupid cschiemann.....
I think I am being very smart. Trade a tackle that no longer fits into our defense for two tackles that could possibly be with our line for the next 10 years. Get cap room to pick up a Wide Receiver in FA to complement Larry for 2 or 3 years and as a bonus get a 4th round pick for what ever pleases your fancy (i would suggest a back up D tackle). Trade one player for 3 players to fill the biggest weakness of this team.