I first off want to say that I am the biggest Darnell Dockett fan out there. I think he is a good defensive tackle. Saying this I believe trading him would be whats best for our team. I think 90 can get a second and a 4th pick in the draft this year by trading him to a 4-3 team which I believe he is more suited for (preferably someone we never face). I would go out there with the if you give me a second and forth then you can have him if you give me a second and fifth then go to hell Ill keep him.
Why Trade him:
- As we all know our OLB is a Weakness which I believe is much improved with Acho and Schofield in the game they may screw up but I no longer think its a weakness, and may even be a strength for the next 5 to 10 years.
- We need a second round draft pick. (more on this later)
- Large contract that if we can get equal or maybe a little less performance for a huge price drop why not?
- Its the Bill Belichick Way of doing business trade him while hes hot if he doesn't fit into the plans of the defense.
Why Keep Him:
-Very dynamic pass rusher and is in the back field a lot making plays behind the line of scrimmage.
- Team Leader in the Locker room and highly respected here in Arizona.
-Commonly draws double teams which is why his reduction in sacks but it keeps Washington free to make plays.
Now I say Trade him for 3 reasons:
1) Value is High and We need a second round pick this year.
2) We need to free up a little cap room for a WR opposite Larry Fitzgerald
3) His play doesn't fit well with a 5-2 defense
Why Do We so desperately need a second round pick?
- This coming year as far as I can tell will be very deep in Offensive Tackles. I think our first round pick should be a Left Tackle because they are hard to find and we need one badly. Our Second Round Pick should be used on Right tackle which should net us a very good right tackle.
Yours stupid cschiemann.....
I think I am being very smart. Trade a tackle that no longer fits into our defense for two tackles that could possibly be with our line for the next 10 years. Get cap room to pick up a Wide Receiver in FA to complement Larry for 2 or 3 years and as a bonus get a 4th round pick for what ever pleases your fancy (i would suggest a back up D tackle). Trade one player for 3 players to fill the biggest weakness of this team.
What would you be willing to take for Dockett?
1st and 3rd Only! (Your Dreaming) (14 votes)
1st Round Pick (Maybe) (12 votes)
2nd and 3rd Round Pick (If you get the Right Team) (30 votes)
2nd and 4th Round Pick (Most The NFL would Do this Trade, *also my pick*) (7 votes)
Your Getting Rid Of Dockett, Hes not touchable (45 votes)
108 total votes