Gamethread Highlights: Week Fourteen

Harb's wanted to rage quit, but we just wanted to cheer loudly and with vast joy. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

Another win! A while ago, I was getting sick of doing these because it was just so frustrating to relive all the misery of some of the losses the Cardinals have had this year. But now, they have won five of their last six, and their latest win was over one of their most hated rivals, the 49ers.

In the comments, we look at some QB controversy, praising of the outstanding Defense Ray Horton is creating, and the joy of victory.

Also, the first gamethread was at 666 comments at one point. But Insomniac had to ruin it by posting after the game ended... One of us should have locked the comments to preserve that.

The Comments -

(Well done)

Calvisi said Kolb is going to the locker room

Hit in the helmet

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 2:29 PM MST reply actions

Oh my god...

Screw this O-line. Screw them all. They shouldn’t be paid another penny. Screw this game. Screw this season. Screw Colledge.

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 2:30 PM MST up reply actions 1 recs

No, no, no

Not Skelton time. Please don’t be Skelton time.

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 2:31 PM MST reply actions

Did you see the last 49ers game?

Right when Kolb was doing good too.

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 2:32 PM MST up reply actions

This

At least give him a chance…

by falltea on Dec 11, 2011 2:33 PM MST up reply actions

I like Skelton

I just hate seeing Kolb go out right when he was starting to figure himself out.

Oh well. Watch Skelton own life.

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 2:33 PM MST up reply actions

And I'm back

Same old story. Defense is outstanding, offense can’t move the ball

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 2:55 PM MST reply actions

Lets wait a little bit longer before deciding that

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 3:14 PM MST up reply actions

As long as we win

i could care less

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 3:14 PM MST up reply actions

Alright, let's all calm down

There’s no Team Skelton. That’s over with. Right now, there’s a Team "We want the Cardinals to win, and we don’t care if the winning QB is Dockett"

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 3:15 PM MST up reply actions 1 recs

actually

Can i be on team Dockett? I feel like that would be awesome

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 3:16 PM MST up reply actions

I have to say

that was the most bizarre 3 minutes of football I think I’ve seen.

At least we have a good game coming up!

by brundylop on Dec 11, 2011 3:14 PM MST reply actions 1 recs

UofP is a crazy place

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 3:15 PM MST up reply actions

Nothing normal happens here

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 3:16 PM MST up reply actions

(Instead of posting all of the comments from the fake field goal, I'll leave it at that)

Harbaugh must be p***ed right now

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 3:14 PM MST reply actions 1 recs

I hope he is

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 3:15 PM MST up reply actions

(Right after a sack on Skelton at his one yard line)

I haven't seen the Skelton fan who was posting earlier in a while

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 3:58 PM MST reply actions

He's probably trying to make up some more excuses

"Umm, well, Skelton should be QB because, umm, Kolb has longer hair! Yeah, that’s a good reason, Kolb’s curly hair means he’ll throw bad because it’ll get in his face! Skelton for QB!"

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 3:59 PM MST up reply actions

Kolb's long hair* means he'll throw bad

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 3:59 PM MST up reply actions

Just let us dream!!!!

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 4:01 PM MST up reply actions 1 recs

Well it works in my head

So give me that!

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 4:01 PM MST up reply actions

well know your just fishin for recs

and you got one. hook line and sinker

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 4:04 PM MST up reply actions

(All that needed to be said after Larry made a Larry play)

something not right about the chemistry between kolb and the team

I realize he is hurt. But he is totally not participating on the sideline. He also did not participate at all when he was out those other games. Just stood around with his hands in his pockets.

by Drullin'OverDaCards on Dec 11, 2011 4:11 PM MST via mobile reply actions

He does have a concussion

so that might have something to do with it. Don’t know about the other games though

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 4:12 PM MST up reply actions

Skelton is doing a good job

But damn, he is inconsistent

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 4:44 PM MST reply actions

true facts deserve recs

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 4:53 PM MST up reply actions

John Skelton has his own style of 4th Quarter winning

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 4:54 PM MST reply actions

Reaction to to the 4th down play and victory

INCOMPLETE!!!!!

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 5:08 PM MST reply actions

DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 5:08 PM MST reply actions

YESSS

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 5:09 PM MST reply actions

What a play! WHAT A DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Skii on Dec 11, 2011 5:09 PM MST reply actions

wow--that was a helluva 4th down play

No more night. I have seen the light. Let it shine on bright.
HANG HIM HIGHER!!!

by Cuckoo for Coco Puffs on Dec 11, 2011 5:09 PM MST reply actions

i was terrified

he had that kind of time for someone to get open! Our D played their hearts out today

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 5:10 PM MST up reply actions

THANK YOU LYNCH!

Give those Cards the credit they deserve!!!

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 5:12 PM MST reply actions

That's probably all the talking heads will say

"The 49ers had a let down. They were looking ahead, and didn’t play well"

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 5:14 PM MST up reply actions

Already said that on Fox

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 5:14 PM MST up reply actions

The NFL is going to revoke our membership in the NFL now.

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 5:16 PM MST up reply actions

and he made a whole song about the 49ers

HAHAHAHAHAHA

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 5:15 PM MST up reply actions

I've never been prouder to be a Cardinals fan than I am today

I, unfortunately, live in the Bay Area, and let me tell you, I have not seen more apathetic fairweather fans than here in the Bay Area. One second, everyone loves the Niners, but I GUARANTEE, that tomorrow they’ll hate them.

But here’s what I love about this win. This win is going to make the fans care even less about the Niners than they already do, and hopefully it’ll lead to their efforts to build a new stadium failing.

HOPEFULLY, this loss results in the 49ers moving to LA. At that point, we can all take a deep breath and LAUGH.

by TheNeonGodTheyMade on Dec 11, 2011 5:17 PM MST reply actions

They are p***ed on Niners Nation!

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 5:18 PM MST reply actions

Link

by JoeCB1991 on Dec 11, 2011 5:18 PM MST up reply actions

IT’S NICE

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 5:19 PM MST up reply actions

It feels SO good to beat the 49ers

It’s going to continue feeling good when we see them tumbling down power rankings.

Cardinals are impressing big time, knocking over two teams that have played some impressive football this year. My fairy-tale ending? Finishing the season one game behind the ’9ers and sneaking into the playoffs!

by tw3kr on Dec 11, 2011 5:46 PM MST reply actions

Hahaha

im going on the 49ers post game and ’rec’ing all the posts that give us credit

by GreaZzy on Dec 11, 2011 5:47 PM MST reply actions

now the Cards

are legit. Ray Horton baby. You are a winner! Have we heard from him lately?

by hear_seeker on Dec 11, 2011 7:43 PM MST reply actions

Roll Call: GreaZzy, Skii, INSOMAN1ATIC, JoeCB1991, Alex Mann, robloosli, cardsfannc, Ghettoboxx, CanadianCard, Winter Trabex, fitzfan04, Irishcardinal, az78true, MarcusJC, Iowacardinalshawkeye, BIGRED CARDINAL, CARDstucknVA, falltea, Circa4life, TryAndCatchVD, hadrarius, fansincejakenrob, Superfizzogotflow, Phil7178, crisco219, frankbob8, Cuckoo for Coco Puffs, badblood54, phxuk: Ap, tucson cards fan, brundylop, Birdman from Mesa, atkammoh, jeff550, forget, Drullin'OverDaCards, DustGrazer, gpw3, Patrick_Peterson, Airwave, TheNeonGodTheyMade, EnglishCard, tw3kr, mane2310, TBru, hear_seeker
Total Users: 46

tucson cards fan 1
forget 1
EnglishCard 1
X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Revenge of the Birds

You must be a member of Revenge of the Birds to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Revenge of the Birds. You should read them.

Join Revenge of the Birds

You must be a member of Revenge of the Birds to participate.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker