Gamethread Highlights: Week Fifteen

Another win for the Cardinals, and now it is time to look at how the gamethread looked during this win. And because I was at the game yesterday, this is my first time looking through this thing as well. It was interesting to see that even though I wasn't around to post (and I am normally one of the most active commenters in the gamethreads) that there was still a ton of comments this week.

So, lets look at the highlights, including a long QB debate after the win

Lets do the roll call first now, because the formatting won't get in the way of the picture like the comments do.

Roll Call: crisco219, Winter Trabex, CardsFan08, JoeCB1991, tucson cards fan, Airwave, Thbaz, CARDstucknVA, cardsfannc, az78true, INSOMAN1ATIC, fitzfan04, Iowacardinalshawkeye, AlaskanCard, BIGRED CARDINAL, Skii, falltea, CanadianCard, fansincejakenrob, badblood54, forget, Alex Mann, mrhocken, jeff550, Jess Root, Dropkick434, Generalisimo Marcos, JRSedona, Juanmas, tw3kr, Patrick_Peterson, Birdman from Mesa, najmsh, cardinalbrown, maletvette, Snaylor47, Zapf, CardsRepInChile, Birdman2, Irishcardinal, hellojellojw
Total Users: 41

cardinalbrown 1
najmsh 1
Jess Root 1
Zapf 1

The Comments:

Something tells me,

I would love to hear what Stroh would say about the mugging Green Bay just got at the hands of the Kansas City chiefs without a head coach.

Formerly known as Cardsfan928, If you wanna grab a quick game of madden, my screenname is also my Xbox name.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 2:15 PM MST reply actions

(I would love it too)

(In response to a post about not expecting the Cards to be losing after one quarter)

This is what makes me doubtful

To proclaim Skelton the undeniable starter. He just hasn’t shown that he can lead the Cardinals 100%.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 3:01 PM MST reply actions

he'll be fine

it would help if roberts could catch too

by Iowacardinalshawkeye on Dec 18, 2011 3:02 PM MST up reply actions

He wins me back every 4th quarter

Loses me the other 3. Just needs to be more consistent.

by CARDstucknVA on Dec 18, 2011 3:02 PM MST up reply actions 1 recs

Skelton>Kolb,

nuff said…

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 3:35 PM MST reply actions

I don't hate Kolb,

I just see no reason for him to be an Arizona Cardinal, Skelton having more time in the offensive system made him the best option, and imagine what our secondary would be with DRC, and the possible star we could have grabbed in the second round, and don’t even get me started on that fat paycheck Kolb hasn’t earned.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 3:37 PM MST up reply actions

Fair enough

At this point, if Skelton is our QB, then that’s fine with me. I just want one QB to be start every game, and not have to go back between two QB’s.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 3:39 PM MST up reply actions

How about we keep em both?

Just redo Kolbs deal and make them fight for it. I wanna see a lil bloodshed

by Alex Mann on Dec 18, 2011 3:39 PM MST up reply actions

Awful, awful, awful coverage

Worst I’ve seen from this Defense in a while.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 4:15 PM MST reply actions

Where's Mr. Daniels,

it’s time for another round..

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 4:15 PM MST reply actions

Why don't we just call no huddle every drive?

Both Kolb and Skelton do better in it.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 4:39 PM MST reply actions

Alright you f***stick refs, give us the challenge,

for the plays you effed up on earlier.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 4:49 PM MST reply actions

Mike Miller your make Pat Shurmur look like a genius,

KNOCK IT OFF

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 4:54 PM MST reply actions 1 recs

Are you kidding me Miller?

3 straight passing plays? Coach Whiz, what is your problem? Why don’t you fix the offensive problems? You have Horton on defense, now go get Todd Haley, who would help our WR’s and QB’s a billion times more than they are now.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 4:56 PM MST reply actions

I love how Tebow mania,

has us talking about him during another nail biter for Cardinals fans.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 4:58 PM MST reply actions

Well I can now say,

I trust our defense to not lose games for us anymore.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:00 PM MST reply actions 1 recs

John Skelton

Show the NFL that there’s something other than Tebow Time in the 4th Quarter.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:01 PM MST reply actions 1 recs

Well,

another one in OT at UofP if not for Tebow mania, we might actually be getting some national coverage.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:09 PM MST reply actions

Just like how Kolb gets his from his camp,

quit whining, that drive that started from the Schofield fumble had terrible playcalling, shouldn’t have even been in the position to have Skelton drive down the field in the final seconds of the game.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:20 PM MST up reply actions

if feely misses this

I’m setting my house on fire twice

by falltea on Dec 18, 2011 5:28 PM MST reply actions

Most proud I have ever been of a cardinals team, superbowl run aside.

This team could have packed it in after the 1-6 start as I did as a fan. This is one of the toughest teams I have seen. All 7 wins after trailing at the half?

by CARDstucknVA on Dec 18, 2011 5:30 PM MST reply actions 1 recs

(This next batch is the long QB debate)

This says it well

Neither QB has broken out.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:32 PM MST up reply actions

Kolb also hasn't done much to keep it either.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:34 PM MST up reply actions

1-6

Thats what he did to lose it

MOAR SEVERINO!

by jeff550 on Dec 18, 2011 5:35 PM MST up reply actions

The Porter D

The main reason I say Skelton over Kolb is that he trusts his gut, which Kolb dosent. That leads to better plays under preasure, and more clutch drives

MOAR SEVERINO!

by jeff550 on Dec 18, 2011 5:37 PM MST up reply actions

His gut has costs us turnovers though.

As we saw today the Browns had a chance to pick it off twice and missed. The thing Skelton has that Kolb doesn’t is luck. When Kolb is healthy he gets the start to see how he can play with our Defense.

by Alex Mann on Dec 18, 2011 5:39 PM MST up reply actions

but Skeltons gut also wins us games

its kind of like the Grossman Beck thing, yes Skelton/Grossman could lose you the game, but they could also win you the game. Beck/Kolb really dosent give you much of a chance if the game is a shootout

MOAR SEVERINO!

by jeff550 on Dec 18, 2011 5:42 PM MST up reply actions

Again, Kolb has had one game with this new defense

And he won it, against the Cowboys, which was very much due to his playing. So we still have to see what Kolb can do with this defense.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:42 PM MST up reply actions

His playing, and Garret's

terrible time management.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:43 PM MST up reply actions

Wow

Are you kidding?

1) Skelton’s wins are then due to his defense, Patrick Peterson, and teams dropping numerous interceptions

2) This is exactly what I was talking about. Skelton gets all the credit for his wins, Kolb doesn’t.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:45 PM MST up reply actions 1 recs

That's because,

Kolb only has 1 win, PP won the Carolina game.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:46 PM MST up reply actions

Your forgetting the game you just watched

so make it 3

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:48 PM MST up reply actions

And considering Kolb

Has only played one full game with this defense, he’s basically won 100% of his games.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:48 PM MST up reply actions

Exactly

It goes both ways. You can’t take away Kolb’s credit, but yet keep Skelton’s.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:49 PM MST up reply actions

You've got to be kidding now

Peterson has also won two of Skelton’s games.

I’m getting tired of this argument. You literally use the same two points, and completely ignore anything I say.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:47 PM MST up reply actions

At least everyone agrees PP wins a lot of games.

by Dropkick434 on Dec 18, 2011 8:06 PM MST up reply actions

The one game Kolb played with this new defense

He beat a good Cowboys defense. So let’s cut the wins argument.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:42 PM MST up reply actions

Ah, but it was a Cowboys D

without the league’s marquee pass rusher..

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:43 PM MST up reply actions

Just stop

At this point you’re just showing pure hatred for Kolb.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:45 PM MST up reply actions

It's alright my guy won,

in exciting fashion again, why are you so mad you were wrong? Take your melancholy elsewhere the team just won another OT thriller at UofP that happened to come by the arm of John Skelton.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:50 PM MST up reply actions

I'm pysched about the win

I’m just finding it funny that everyone is again clamoring for Skelton when, in reality, neither QB has broken away.

The difference between you and me is I can accept Skelton, like I did last season (I was one of the first people to call for him to start last season), and I can support him. You, on the other hand, can’t support Kolb.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:52 PM MST up reply actions

Nope,

why would I support a fragile loser like Kolb, the Cardinals will never shake the loser reputation with a guy like him leading the offense.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:53 PM MST up reply actions

You know, you never did give Kolb a chance...

As soon as the deal was made you bashed on Kolb saying he wasn’t a leader. Kolb hasn’t loss 6 of our 7 losses. KC was Stuckey and Feelys faults, Seattle was Feelys fault, Giants game was a mixture of Kolb and BS calls from the Refs, and Minny was everyone’s fault. After the bye, the Defense put us in the whole early, and Kolb did his best to get us back in it, the Ravens was a collapse by the D and a meltdown by Kolb in the 4th. So Kolb has really lost us 3 games.

by Alex Mann on Dec 18, 2011 5:59 PM MST up reply actions

And I know you're going to say it's a team game

But there are individual players who will blow it for a team.

by Alex Mann on Dec 18, 2011 5:59 PM MST up reply actions

I just think it seems wrong to ditch the guy who made you relavent again

for a guy who we can agree is equal. If we lost in Cinci with Skelton I say give Kolb a chance week 17 to see what he can do. Is it tough luck for Kolb that he got hurt at the wrong time, hell yes. But that is sports

MOAR SEVERINO!

by jeff550 on Dec 18, 2011 5:44 PM MST up reply actions

We have a solid backup QB in Skelton

Kolb needs more time to show us what he has with his improved defense.

by Alex Mann on Dec 18, 2011 5:46 PM MST up reply actions

I dont think Kolb played better than Skelton

and Skelton got lucky with his timing. Im just worried about how bad we will look if Kolb goes out there and costs us the Cincy game

MOAR SEVERINO!

by jeff550 on Dec 18, 2011 5:48 PM MST up reply actions

Nope Skelton,

shows us every week he is the better Qb.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:32 PM MST reply actions

Because Kolb has played enough to show us he isn't?

The only game Kolb has played with this new defense, he defeated the Cowboys in a clutch win.

Try again.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:33 PM MST up reply actions

Kolb was injury prone before he was a Cardinal,

and has proven it true AS a Cardinal, Aaron Rodgers would be kind of useless if he missed over half a season because of injury every year.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:33 PM MST up reply actions

Right

You tell me how you feel after getting kneed in the head.

I’m done here.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:34 PM MST up reply actions

It happens,

it’s actually part of the NFL.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:34 PM MST up reply actions

Here's my arguement for Skelton

He throws the ball to Larry. End of arguement.

by AlaskanCard on Dec 18, 2011 5:34 PM MST reply actions 1 recs

How about the big catch that won the game?

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:36 PM MST up reply actions

He was wide open Id hope any Qb would throw that one. Jeez.

"The point is, by my standards, I won fair and square."
-Bender

by az78true on Dec 18, 2011 5:36 PM MST up reply actions

Would Fitz getting 13 catches, but the team still

losing be better in your book?

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:36 PM MST up reply actions

Exactly

Enough with the "Skelton throws to Fitz more". No, he doesn’t.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:44 PM MST up reply actions

Kolb throws to Doucet more in the RZ

And Beanie Wells scores more TD’s with Kolb.

The Fitz argument is a useless one and takes away all the credibility from the Skelton homers.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:53 PM MST up reply actions

Since we're comparing

Fitz with Kolb in 8 games:
38 catches for 658 yards, 2 TD (17.3 YPC)

Fitz with Skelton in 5 games:
23 catches for 411 yards, 4 TD (17.9 YPC)

Looks pretty even to me. Fitz makes more YAC than he did with Kolb.

by Alex Mann on Dec 18, 2011 5:53 PM MST up reply actions

That is why

Skelton is better than Kolb.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 5:51 PM MST reply actions 1 recs

You know what

Skelton won the game, and that’s good. He’s doing his job as a backup. And if he becomes the starting QB, then that’s fine with me. My only point is, neither QB has blown the other one away.

So if you’re "guy" wins out in the end, and Skelton becomes the starter, I’ll support him 100%. I don’t care who’s QB, I just want to know who’s our QB for the long-term.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:54 PM MST up reply actions 1 recs

Can we agree with that much?

That we just want one guy to become the QB, and that the flip-flopping needs to end?

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:55 PM MST up reply actions

I can agree with that 100%

I think it will be Skelton and not Kolb, but if its Kolb I will galdly admit I was wrong

MOAR SEVERINO!

by jeff550 on Dec 18, 2011 5:56 PM MST up reply actions

And if it's Skelton

I will go out and buy myself all the Skelton gear I can think of. We just need to end this controversy. After two seasons, it gets boring.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 5:58 PM MST up reply actions

It really does get old fast

but thank god we dont have DA anymore

MOAR SEVERINO!

by jeff550 on Dec 18, 2011 6:00 PM MST up reply actions

Understandable

I understand where you coming from but everybody has there guys and mine is skelton

by Thbaz on Dec 18, 2011 6:04 PM MST via mobile up reply actions

What are you whining about?

If Kolb would have gotten yanked we could very well be where Frisco is, listen to those of you that were wrong about Kolb being the best option, you should all be ecstatic we are getting the W’s with yet ANOTHER 5th round producer under the Whisenhunt era.

by INSOMAN1ATIC on Dec 18, 2011 6:10 PM MST up reply actions

Wow, although every single one of us

Has come to an agreement, you have found a way to keep it going. Congratulations.

by Skii on Dec 18, 2011 6:12 PM MST up reply actions

Again...

Fitz with Kolb in 8 games:
38 catches for 658 yards, 2 TD (17.3 YPC)

Fitz with Skelton in 5 games:
23 catches for 411 yards, 4 TD (17.9 YPC)

by Alex Mann on Dec 18, 2011 5:55 PM MST up reply actions

And now, lets end this on a positive note

X

forgot?

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Revenge of the Birds

You must be a member of Revenge of the Birds to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Revenge of the Birds. You should read them.

Join Revenge of the Birds

You must be a member of Revenge of the Birds to participate.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker