Last year the Browns created some heartburn and knocked some folks after just one week of attempting to play RotB Pick'em Survival League. The Browns have continued this tradition after the Cincinnati Pussycats defeated them. Lesson learned: don't pick Cleveland! The Tennesse Titans and Kansas City Chiefs also proved to be poor choices for a couple folks while the Tampa Bay Buccaneers seemed to have fogotten how to beat their old divisional foe the Lions. No matter how many Raiders penalties, the Broncos still couldn't take the game. All told, 15 participants can take the rest of the season off while the majority of us "homers" can breath a sigh of relief (albeit with bloody finger tips from chewing nails down to nothing) and know the Cardinals are 1-0 and we can see Week 2 as an opportunity to pick a team less stress inducing.
If you skipped last week intentionally, here's your chance to jump in while there's still 16 weeks left in the season. A reprise of the Pick'em Survival rules is after the jump.
|Week One Survivors
||az78true, b0rd3rline, BIGRED CARDINAL, billydacardsfan, cardinalbrown, CardsIrish, Cuckoo for Coco Puffs, Desmondz, Drullin'OverDaCards, Eurocard, Gildo, Goombah, hadrarius, Hawkwind, hevchv, jallred350, Jess Root, Jessesb, KDean75, kj197728, manphibian, Phil7178, Phthirus, pthesz, RottPhiler, Skii, StuckinColorado, TBru, Thomaldo, Tyler Nickel, vizzy, Willy56
|Bring Out Your Dead
||AlaskanCard, azcardswinez, CARDstucknVA, crisco219, Da Jesus, Donwhon121, ELrupps, Jim Coughenour, Kallor, martinsan91, musclefirebird13, Redforlife, robloosli, SenSurround, Superfizzogotflow
- You pick ONE team to win each week. You don't pick every game, just one team that will win each week out of one game. If you pick a team and they fail to win, you are eliminated, with no chance to join again (it's a thrill-ride I know).
- Another determining factor in the Survival Pick'em League is that you cannot select a single team more then once in the season. So save a "hot" team for a week of unfavourable match-ups. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. I'll check your submissions leading up to game day and if I note you're using a team for a second time, I'll ask you to change. If you don't change or I don't notice until too late, your steak ends.
- The winner of the league needs to have the longest stretch of games picked correctly. You can start your picks late, depending on a favorable match up that starts later, but be careful you don't start too late. You can also end your streak whenever you want but don't end it too early, or somebody could pass your stretch. So if Cuckoo for Coco Puffs picks week 1 through week 11 correct, then Cuckoo has lasted through 64% of the season. If CardsIrish doesn't start till week 3, then picks through week 17 correct, he lasted 88% of the season and he would win. If we end up with a tie, the tie breaker is the lowest winning percentage of the teams used to survive. If it's still a tie, we'll get creative.
- You cannot skip a week once you start the streak. You miss a week your streak is done.
- Submission are simple: post your ONE team every week. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. The only deadline is to submit your pick before that game's opening kick off time, so it's feasible to party hard all weekend and still use one of the MNF teams to keep the streak going..if either of those teams haven't already been used earlier in the season.