KDean75 and StuckinColorado both move on this week with 11 wins each. I did the math going into the weekend and KDean75 was well ahead in the tiebreaker...winning percentage of his teams picked. That may have changed somewhat over the weekend, but I would have to guess he still maintains his edge. So if StuckinColorado wants to win this thing he better outlast his opponent. Good luck this week!
Pick'em Survival is relatively straightforward:
- You pick ONE team to win each week. You don't pick every game, just one team that will win each week out of one game. If you pick a team and they fail to win, you are eliminated, with no chance to join again (it's a thrill-ride I know).
- Another determining factor in the Survival Pick'em League is that you cannot select a single team more then once in the season. So save a "hot" team for a week of unfavourable match-ups. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. I'll check your submissions leading up to game day and if I note you're using a team for a second time, I'll ask you to change. If you don't change or I don't notice until too late, your steak ends.
- The winner of the league needs to have the longest stretch of games picked correctly. You can start your picks late, depending on a favorable match up that starts later, but be careful you don't start too late. You can also end your streak whenever you want but don't end it too early, or somebody could pass your stretch. So if Cuckoo for Coco Puffs picks week 1 through week 11 correct, then Cuckoo has lasted through 64% of the season. IfCardsIrishdoesn't start till week 3, then picks through week 17 correct, he lasted 88% of the season and he would win. If we end up with a tie, the tie breaker is the lowest winning percentage of the teams used to survive. If it's still a tie, we'll get creative.
- You cannot skip a week once you start the streak. You miss a week your streak is done.
- Submission are simple: post your ONE team every week. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. The only deadline is to submit your pick before that game's opening kick off time, so it's feasible to party hard all weekend and still use one of the MNF teams to keep the streak going..if either of those teams haven't already been used earlier in the season.
Looking for Arizona Cardinals Tickets?
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.