This pick was made by KDean75
The Bears are not happy with Cordy Glenn going right before them. While there are other OT's available, the flexibility of Glenn to play RT as well as G was something the Bears would be extremely interested in with the health of Gabe Carimi a bit in the air.
The Bears have needs at DE, OL, WR and TE. As mentioned above, I think the only OL the Bears would have gone for here have already been taken, so no OL here. There are some nice DE's available, but I'm afraid that Upshaw and Perry could be reaches here, and the Bears got good work out of the end opposite Julius Peppers, Israel Idonijie.
Best available WR is either Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill. Not because of the slower than expected 40 times for Wright, but I think the Bears pass on him due to his size. Wright is probably more suited to the slot, and the Bears have many options there. Hill is probably just too raw as he needs some time to develop, but he's interesting.
TE was the only other position that I could see the Bears going for. Kellen Davis or Matt Spaeth are far from elite and while Spaeth is a good blocker, Davis is not but even worse, he's only an ok receiving option. The Gronkowski's and Jimmy Graham's of the NFL are the new weapon against defenses, and Fleener fits that mold.
However, strictly due to best player available, the Bears go with Fletcher Cox from Mississippi State. The Bears don't need him, but the value is just too great to ignore. Cox along with Henry Melton, Matt Toeaina and Stephen Paea Cox would make the Bears line one of the best, if not the best, 4-3 defensive line in the league.
It is hard to argue when you go for best player available, especially if the player will get to play. It is certainly a good thing to take a strength and potentially make it elite. When that happens, it covers up areas of weakness to some extent. Cox is a great selection here and hopefully the Bears can address areas of need later in the draft.
5. Bucs (b0rd3rline) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jags (JSteezy) Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
16. Jets (DrullinOverDaCards) Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
17. Bengals (CincyFan93) Stephen Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
18. Chargers (blank_38) Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
19. Bears (Kdean75) Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
20. Titans (Thurs April 12) Cardsdefense
21. Bengals (Fri April 13) CincyFan93
22. Browns (Sat April 14) Cardsdefense
23. Lions (Sun April 15)
24. Steelers (Mon April 16) Steamin Beamin
25. Broncos (Tues April 17) lacardsfan
26. Texans (Wed April 18) b0rd3rline
27. Patriots (Thurs April 19) psknapp
28. Packers (Fri April 20) GreaZzy
29. Ravens (Sat April 21)
30. 49ers (Sun April 22)
31. Patriots (Mon April 23) psknapp
32. Giants (Tues April 24) skid83