This pick was by psknapp.
With the 27th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots take Michael Brockers, defensive tackle from LSU.
Before the Combine, some were predicting Michael Brockers to be a top ten pick. But an underwhelming combine performance has created enough doubt that Brockers has been kept waiting for far too long. Well, his long wait is going to make the Patriots very happy as 'the most NFL-ready defensive tackle prospect' in this year's draft is going to have every opportunity to play early on a defense that really needs him to make a difference. I was considering Upshaw, but decided the best player available (and luckily still in a position of need) was Brockers. He'll help occupy the other teams' offensive lines allowing the pass rushers more opportunities to make plays in the backfield.
The Patriots really need pass rush help, but the players they already have will be better with a guy like Brockers. They certainly need no help on offense -- thy just struggled to stop any other offense. However, I'm not sure that someone like Nick Perry wouldn't be a better selection.
5. Bucs (b0rd3rline) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jags (JSteezy) Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
16. Jets (DrullinOverDaCards) Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
27. Patriots (psknapp) Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
28. Packers (Fri April 20) GreaZzy
29. Ravens (Sat April 21)
30. 49ers (Sun April 22)
31. Patriots (Mon April 23) psknapp
32. Giants (Tues April 24) skid83