With the 27th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select Shea McClellin, DE,/OLB, Boise State
When you have a team as talented as the Packers, especially with a great quarterback like Aaron Rodgers leading your offense, you can focus on drafting the best available player at a need position. For the Packers, I'd safely assume offense is not a top priority, and their defensive backs seem to be quite talented as well, so their selection should be either a defensive linemen or a linebacker. Adding McClellin at the end of the first round is great value, and should provide a pass rushing presence at the other outside linebacker spot, opposite from Clay Matthews. He has a great motor, and great athelticism to boot. Heck, if the Cardinals manage to find a trade partner in the mide to late twenties, I'd be ecstatic if Shea McClellin was the selection.
5. Bucs (b0rd3rline) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jags (JSteezy) Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
16. Jets (DrullinOverDaCards) Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
28. Packers (GreaZzy) Shea McClellin, DE/OLB, Boise State
29. Ravens (Sat April 21) CincyFan93
30. 49ers (Sun April 22)
31. Patriots (Mon April 23) psknapp
32. Giants (Tues April 24) skid83
Do you agree with the pick of McClellin for the Packers?
Yes (36 votes)
No (11 votes)
47 total votes