Both Thomas Clayton (RB) and Jared Crank (FB) were put on the Waiver Wires, both with injuries (knee to Clayton, neck to Crank). Neither were expected to make the roster anyway, but Crank was an interesting prospect at least in my eyes.
While cuts did not have to be made until Monday, the Cardinals did their spring cleaning early waiving a few guys, cutting some, and adding some to IR. Let us take a look at the players who did not make the first roster cut to 75.
Levi Brown was placed on IR putting an end to what should have been the season where he proved his doubters wrong, unfortunately a torn triceps ended that and left us with a larger mess of an O-line.
Now, without further ado... Here are the 12 players cut to bring the roster size down to 75.
– DE Landon Cohen (Could have been a serviceable backup but Holliday has played well enough to maintain that
– WR Gino Crump (Was never expected to make the roster. Made some noise in training camp and OTA's but
never got that going on the field.)
– S Eddie Elder (I see him as one of a few guys who will make the PS, the other guys are currently on the roster)
– WR Tre Gray (Again never expected to make the roster.)
– CB Marshay Green (Just terrible... Don't get me started)
– WR Jaymar Johnson (Could have stayed on the roster a week longer, but his punt fumble cost him his spot in an
– FB Reagan Maui’a (With the Shermanator leading the way, he replaced Crank, but is no longer needed, least for
– LB Marcus McGraw (Utterly shocked he isn't on the team)
– LB Zack Nash (I like him, just guess the Cardinals FO see more in the guys behind Schofield and Acho.)
– CB James Nixon (Would have been a LSH type player on the roster, unfortunately for him.. We already have that)
– K/P Ricky Schmitt (Intended to push Zastudil, and did that with Zastudil kicking an NFL record punt in the HOF
– LB Paul Vassallo (Could see him making the PS as well, tackles well and has talent, look for him to make the
roster next season)