After one week, 66 readers joined up. The Texans were the most popular pick. They didn't disappoint. The Eagles and Lions were the next two popular teams. Those who picked them probably were very worried. But they move on. 12 are already done. Sorry.
Here is who move on:
Toneyman121, hadrarius, KDean75, CardinalsKid, pthesz, redking90, Arizona Retiree, Peter Jacob Hornig, az78true, J Steezy, Tucson cards fan, Jesse Reynolds, EnglishCard, dedalius001, Thomaldo, Iowacardinalshawkeye, forget, Dem_Cardz, Ghettoboxx, Patwm, Drullin'OverDaCards, wyatt.morgan9, Sgt. Friday, Donwhon121, ajotanelsona, Cardinalbrown, tylerste85, Jess Root, jeff550, Fansincejakenrob, Skii, Randy Fields, TBru, b0rd3rlone, Steel34D, Similyago, Eurocard, Cardzfan, Blank_38, GreaZzy, psknapp, CardsFan1976, Tyler Nickel, Robloosi, SmartCard, cuckoo For Coco Puffs, mbtokyo, SenSurround, StuckinColorado, manphibian, KHoldStare88, crisco219, AlaskanCard
We already say adiós to:
Shawnsass, Turd_ferguson, Gamesguy1, Old "Bird" Dog, BIGRED CARDINAL, Cmcnaz, MooseTheDog, kj197728, DaCards, billydacardsfan, NativeWood, Amethaul
Pick'em Survival is relatively straightforward:
- You pick ONE team to win each week. You don't pick every game, just one team that will win each week out of one game. If you pick a team and they fail to win, you are eliminated, with no chance to join again (it's a thrill-ride I know).
- Another determining factor in the Survival Pick'em League is that you cannot select a single team more then once in the season. So save a "hot" team for a week of unfavourable match-ups. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. I'll check your submissions leading up to game day and if I note you're using a team for a second time, I'll ask you to change. If you don't change or I don't notice until too late, your steak ends.
- The winner of the league needs to have the longest stretch of games picked correctly. You can start your picks late, depending on a favorable match up that starts later, but be careful you don't start too late. You can also end your streak whenever you want but don't end it too early, or somebody could pass your stretch. So if Cuckoo for Coco Puffs picks week 1 through week 11 correct, then Cuckoo has lasted through 64% of the season. If CardsIrish doesn't start till week 3, then picks through week 17 correct, he lasted 88% of the season and he would win. If we end up with a tie, the tie breaker is the lowest winning percentage of the teams used to survive. If it's still a tie, we'll get creative.
- You cannot skip a week once you start the streak. You miss a week your streak is done.
- Submission are simple: post your ONE team every week. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. The only deadline is to submit your pick before that game's opening kick off time, so it's feasible to party hard all weekend and still use one of the MNF teams to keep the streak going..if either of those teams haven't already been used earlier in the season.
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.