Hello Revenge of the Birds:
We over at The Phinsider, the SB Nation Miami Dolphins community, have a tradition of reaching out to opposing fans for some Q&A just before our respective teams face off. You may be aware that the Dolphins will be traveling over to University of Phoenix Stadium to face your Cardinals this Sunday. If anyone is surprised by this news it is possibly because most have written the Fins off this season.
Our two teams have not faced off since 2008 and lots have changed for both franchises since then. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the Fins and the match up with the Cardinals.
To get some thoughts flowing here are some things for your consideration:
- It is pretty clear that the Fins offense runs through Reggie Bush. His status after a knee injury is still unknown for this Sunday.
- Ryan Tannehill has been solid. Nothing spectacular but very consistent and better than what many draft pundits believed.
- The Dolphins defense is one of the best against the run. Not so much against the pass.
- Former Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby is a cornerstone of the Dolphins defense, but is becoming a point of contention among Dolphins fans.
- Former Cardinals CB Richard Marshall has been streaky with the Fins. He was abused by Santonio Holmes last week.
I think this is a really bad matchup for the Fins. The offense will struggle against that formidable Cardinals defensive front. If Reggie Bush is out, their struggles will only be that much worse. The Dolphins pass defense is shaky which is troubling as I've heard there is a pretty good WR that plays for the Cardinals.
Feel free to ask away. Some other members of The Phinsider may stop by and answer questions as well.