The a a few factors that have me worried about this game?
2. Underrated dolphins d./Richard Marshall
3. An unthreating dolphins Offense
4. Short week for next week1. Dockett- I hope he is ready to play, but would prefer to sit him if it means him being fully healthy/effective moving forward. If Dockett cannot go, that is a huge blow to our defense. He has been in the backfield all year. He has been in beast mode all season. I believe in Carter, but if he had to start we lose a valuable/versatile backup. This could lead to our d line not being as effective, thus allowing dolphins o-linemen to pick up the blitzers instead of having to double team cc and dd.
2. The dolphins have a solid front 7, capable of generating pass rush and stuffing the run. If we cannot get the run going, that kills our pa game. Plus, Richard Marshall has a lot of insider knowledge of the cards O and D. This helps the dolphins a lot as they will be more familiar with what we are doing.
3. Tom Brady and Michael Vick. Two big time QB's that we had to specifically game plan for. Rush four against Brady, and send the house against Vick. The vanilla dolphins o scares nobody. Harder to get the d pumped up an prepared. Potentially causing us to underestimate the dolphins leading to an underwhelming performance.
4. We have the rams this Thursday. This, combined with a weak dolphins team, may cause the coaches to start looking ahead to the rams game. Whiz even said in an interview that they will probably start looking at the rams over the weekend.
All these factors have me a little worried about this game. I hope we do not overlook the dolphins. I hope our players and coaches fully prepare for this game. I am confident we are the better team and should win at home.
What do you think?