In the fourth quarter of the 32-20 loss the Arizona Cardinals suffered to the San Francisco 49ers, they suffered another more important loss. Defensive end Calais Campbell left the ballgame with an injury and was carted off the field on a stretcher.
Campbell had left the game earlier with the training staff looking at his arm and hand. He came back in, but then, with what led him to be carted off the field, he experienced tingling in his arm.
As he was carted off, he was greeted by teammates and opponents, all very concerned. Campbell gave a thumbs up to the crowd as he left the field.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said postgame that Campbell had movement in all his extremities (a very good thing). The feeling in his arm was returning, but he was headed to the hospital to be checked out.
Obviously, this is a scary type of injury, so hopefully it is nothing serious.
Any time lost to injury will be a blow to the Cardinals defense, who have a short turnaround for their next game. They host the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday night.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Cardinals vs. 49ers fact sheet: history, stats, connections
- Cardinals vs. 49ers TV schedule, online streaming, odds, broadcasters and more
- Cardinals vs. 49ers: Looking at the run defense against a very strong rushing attack
- Cardinals vs. 49ers preview: 5 questions for Niners Nation
- 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Week 6: Start Knowshon Moreno, Sit Chris Johnson