Golden (5-11, 186) joined the Cardinals practice squad on September 17 after he spent preseason with the Chicago Bears until being released on August 30. He was originally signed as a rookie free agent by Chicago in 2012 out of West Texas A&M and spent three weeks of his rookie season on the Jacksonville practice squad. At West Texas A&M, Golden finished second in school history with 3,007 receiving yards and fifth with 165 receptions to go along with 33 touchdowns.
Golden will wear jersey #10.
Lemon (6-1, 242) played in five games with the Dallas Cowboys in 2012 and had three tackles and two special teams tackles. He joins the Cardinals after spending the preseason with the Kansas City Chiefs. Lemon originally entered the NFL with the Cowboys as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Oklahoma State in 2011 and spent his rookie season on the Dallas practice squad.
The Cardinals have one spot open still on their practice squad, which leads me to believe that Kerry Taylor will return if he clears waivers.
This move sounds like simple "churning of the bottom of the roster," as general manager Steve Keim likes to call it. It is a way to keep players motivated and to give other players a look.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals: What we learned week 5
- Steve Smith complains about officials and lack of calls on Arizona Cardinals secondary
- NFL Power Rankings Week 6: Bengals Rising, Lions Falling
- Panthers vs. Cardinals: Vote for the Week 5 play of the game
- Arizona Cardinals vs Carolina Panthers: The Bonehead Award