The Arizona Cardinals had a setback with cornerback and special teams standout Justin Bethel on Thursday. After being cleared to practice on Wednesday following the concussion he suffered last Sunday, he did not participate in Thursday's practice.
Outside of Bethel, only two players were even limited in practice -- receivers Michael Floyd and Brittan Golden. Everyone was a full participant. The rest of the players listed on the injury report were John Abraham (hamstring), center Mike Gibson (illness), Carson Palmer (hand) and Frostee Rucker (calf).
Half of their starting secondary was still missing in action in practice. Cornerback Greg Toler (groin) and safety LaRon Landry (toe) did not practice. Likewise, fullback Stanley Havli (concussion) was absent from practice.
Receiver Derrius Heyward-Bay (ankle) and safety Delano Howell (neck) were full participants in practice.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals interview roundup
- Cardinals vs. Jaguars: Carson Palmer and Michael Floyd are the teammates of the week
- Figuring out what the Cardinals need to do to make the playoffs
- Arizona Cardinals podcast: Playoff chances, Carson Palmer, Michael Floyd and reviewing the win over the Jags
- NFL roster moves: Arizona Cardinals add Bryan McCann to replace Teddy Williams