Week 12 is here and it opened with a surprising cover by the Atlanta Falcons. Week 11 was a tough one for me, as I finished 5-7-3 against the spread.
So what about this week? These are my picks.
Steelers at Browns (-1.5): Pittsburgh is not favored against the Browns for the first time since 2003 and the second time since 1994. That's nuts. The Steelers have come around and have been playing well. This is why I think they cover
Buccaneers at Lions (-9): Teams after playing the Steelers have a rough time, going 13-33 against the spread. Against the Bucs, though, this will not apply. Detroit is anxious to get back to winning their division. Pick: Lions -9.
Chargers at Chiefs (-4.5): This is a conservative spread. KC traditionally is not great against the spread, as they have covered only one of 11 games in the division in which they are favored. However, after a loss to the Broncos, they will play better and keep on winning. Pick: Chiefs
Panthers (-4.5) at Dolphins: Carolina has been rolling, but Miami has quietly gone 2-1 in their last three. They have Cameron Wake. On the road, this is the game where the Panthers get their stinker out of the way,
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Fantasy football: Arizona Cardinals must free Andre Ellington
- The Team No One Is Talking About
- Colts vs. Cardinals: 3 keys to an Arizona Week 12 win over Indianapolis
- Arizona Cardinals podcast: Podcast preview of Colts vs. Cardinals with Stampede Blue
- NFL injury report, Week 12, Colts vs. Cardinals: Justin Bethel downgraded, Trent Richardson limited