Betting has opened in Vegas for the Week 10 games in the NFL and, believe it or not, the Arizona Cardinals are favored for the second straight game.
Arizona was an underdog for their first seven games of the season until they hosted the Atlanta Falcons and they were favored by 2.5 points.
They covered and, after a bye, will host the struggling Houston Texans.
According to Oddsshark.com, Arizona opened as three-point favorites, the standard spread for a home team. Since the open of wagering, some lines have moved as close as 1.5 points.
Current betting trends even favor the Cardinals, which is unheard of. As of Tuesday night, 53 percent of the money coming in was for the Cardinals. As for the over/under, set at 41.5, the money is even both ways.
The fact that the Cardinals are favored is a testament to the lack of trust that Vegas and bettors have in Houston, especially as they are starting Case Keenum.
On the season, the Arizona is 4-4. They are 5-3 against the spread. If they cover, that is good news. That means they will be 5-4 in real life.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals add TE Jake Ballard, cut D.C. Jefferson; what does it mean for Rob Housler?
- Arizona Cardinals add WR Dan Buckner to practice squad, not TE D.C. Jefferson
- Arizona Cardinals: Which has been the season's best set of teammates?
- Jacksonville Jaguars sign WR Kerry Taylor from Arizona Cardinals practice squad
- 2013 NFL playoff picture: Arizona Cardinals currently 9th seed