The Arizona Cardinals announced on Thursday that their game at University of Phoenix Stadium against the Houston Texans is sold out. It is the 80th straight sold out contest at the stadium and, as a result, the game will be televised locally on KPHO-TV 5.
Related to the sellout is another notable feat that will be rewarded.
At some point prior to the start of Sunday's game vs. the Houston Texans, the 5,000,000th fan to attend a Cardinals home game at University of Phoenix Stadium will pass through the turnstiles.
To commemorate the occasion, one lucky fan will be randomly chosen to represent the entire group of five million.
Upon entry to the stadium, this special guest will be met by Cardinals President Michael Bidwill, as well as Big Red and Cardinals Cheerleaders. He or she will receive two lower bowl season tickets for the 2014 season and a $100 concessions card for each game as well as customized Cardinals jerseys.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals roster moves, midseason grades, 2014 NFL Draft talk on Revenge of the Bird Radio
- Patrick Peterson Top 12 CB in Yards Allowed
- Larry Fitzgerald talks Carson Palmer, Patrick Peterson, rookie hazing [video]
- Thursday Night Football open thread: Redskins/Vikings
- NFL odds, Week 10: Arizona Cardinals open as 3-point favorite