The Arizona Cardinals made a roster move on Wednesdy to fill their vacant practice squad slot. They added safety Orhian Johnson to take the place of Curtis Taylor, who was promoted to the 53-man roster on Tuesday, which was a response to Tyrann Mathieu being placed on injured reserve.
Johnson (6-3, 211) spent the preseason with the Houston Texans after signing with the team as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Ohio State. During his career with the Buckeyes, Johnson made 23 starts and totaled 131 tackles (76 solos), six interceptions, and 17 passes defensed. As a senior in 2012, Johnson started eight games and had 39 tackles, two interceptions and seven passes defensed. He was released by the Texans on August 31.
Johnson will wear jersey #33.
- John Abraham named Defensive Player of the Week
- Will the Cardinals 2013 season end up being a success or a missed opportunity?
- Arizona Cardinals defense now a Top-5 ranked unit
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu on injured reserve, promote Curtis Taylor
- Week 14 snap counts for Arizona Cardinals in win over St. Louis Rams