The playoffs start this weekend, even without our beloved Cardinals. And unless your username is redking90 or SenSurround you might be looking for redemption in the pick'em department.
Here is our chance! The rules are a little different, so be sure to read the rules. The most important things to remember are you need to pick every game and each teams' final score.
Good luck to everyone and have fun...here are the rules:
- The entire weekend's bracket of games must be predicted before the first game's kick-off time. To qualify for the Playoff Pick'em Championship, the entire NFL playoff schedule must be picked; miss a single game and you're disqualified. With the possibility of negative points in any given game, this rule is a must!
- Pick a winner and final score, not total points!
- Pick'em Points are awarded based on a correctly picked winner and how close your predicted score is to the actual final score.
- Whoever has the highest Pick'em Point total after the Super Bowl is the winner.
Pick'em Points are assigned as follows:
- Correctly picked winner earns 50 points minus the difference between your predicted score and the actual score. An exact score match earns a 10 point bonus (so 60 points total).
- Incorrect picks earn 20 points minus the difference between your predicted score and the actual score.
For example, if you pick the Colts to beat the Chiefs 6-3 and the final score is 26-13 Colts, you'd earn a total of 20 Pick'em Points (final score is 30 points off the predicted score). If you had picked the Chiefs to win 21-17 in the same scenario, you'd earn 3 points (17 points off the respective teams' scores but wrong winner). Clearly the closer you are to reality the more points you earn with even a close incorrect pick giving you enough points to keep you in the running over the course of the playoffs.
Here are Wild Card games:
Kansas City @ Indianapolis
New Orleans @ Philadelphia
San Diego @ Cincinnati
San Francisco @ Green Bay