We are looking to add to the writing team.
Do you frequent ROTB more than you probably should? Do you have opinions and thoughts you want to share? Can you write? We are looking to expand the ROTB front page team and would like to add you!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to commit to one or two articles a week, either by assignment or by proposing stories or series. Once the season starts, we need people who can contribute as well for gameday coverage and postgame analysis.
Specifically, we would like someone who can man our Bird Droppings daily post and schedule it to publish daily at 5AM Arizona time.
Background and qualifications:
This is an entry-level position in sports media. Candidates with experience producing sports news content are preferred in either an intern, academic or professional capacity. A journalism degree (or degree in-progress) is preferred but not required. Strong knowledge of all sports and a demonstrated ability to write in an online environment are musts.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong knowledge about the Cardinals, both current and historical
- Possesses excellent writing skills
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Is able to write in line with our best practices for ideal search engine optimization (SEO).
- Is able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Is comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- Can meet commitments and follow the SB Nation style guide
The positions would be currently unpaid. However, it is possible to receive compensation to work at Revenge of the BIrds. There have been opportunities to be compensated for other work on SB Nation. Depending on your work, dedication and talent, there are always opportunities for talented writers with high enthusiasm and overall creativeness.
How to Apply: Candidates should send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.