Hi everyone/Darren, big fan of the site and enjoy the comments
- I was thrilled to see D'Anthony Batiste was let go, he gave away too many sacks. Just this change alone upgraded the O-line (particularly left tackle) along with the additions of the new guards and letting Snyder go too. The O line is looking great compared to last year! Did not see a post about the departure of Batiste here but read about it elsewhere.
- a bit disappointed that "the hyphen" - Larod Stephens-Howling was signed by the Steelers a couple of days ago. He had a great season and was a player who produced and was not injury prone. Sad to see him go and did not see a post on it here.
Just some overall comments here too:
- cards did great during the off season with all of the coaching changes
- cards did great in free agency
- cards did great in the draft
- last season exposed weaknesses which have been cut/improved and identified talent with rookie players (massie and potter). Half the games were not even against the starters instead against the depth chart. I feel like the cards get a real positive out of that tough season because the depth chart was evaluated and will be improved big time this year, something other teams will have no true idea of until injuries test their own depth charts .
- excited about the new offense and Palmer (and a bit sorry for Kolb who was a winner but had a tough year), and overall QB depth (I think Hoyer is a real diamond in the rough).
- excited about the new defensive players but also sad about the players that were let go
I think this is a great year to look forward to!