He was interviewed by Pros2preps.com, and his health is not an issue this training camp, saying that as of right now, he is "at 90 percent," but that he is right around the corner from 110 percent, a mathematical impossibility, but we get what he is trying to say.
He has added bulk for this season.
"Physically I feel great, I've been working really hard to get healthy and get ready for training camp," Schofield said. "I actually put on 15 pounds, so I'm 15 pounds heavier than I was last year."
He has already stated that, this being his contract year, he wants to be great, so he can be an Arizona Cardinal "for the rest of (his) career."
He also talks about the move of training camp to Glendale.
This will come up closer to the start of training camp, but he will be one of the intriguing players to watch because he currently sits behind free agent signee Lorenzo Alexander on the depth chart.
Can he turn the corner and play a full season, showing that he is the pass rusher the team seeks him to be?
It won't be because of a lack of effort, based on what he says.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Where do the Arizona Cardinals rank in the quality of their drafts?
- Former Arizona Cardinals safety Kerry Rhodes in talks with multiple teams
- Video: Larry Fitzgerald Minny camp, making appearances, giving back
- How can Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd take the next step in his career?
- Video of new Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander working out
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.