Even though the Arizona Cardinals have been a struggling franchise for most of its history, and that has been the case recently, one thing that the team has done well is guard its value. Of course, considering the amount of money to be had in the NFL, and it would seem that any monkey could make money with an NFL team.
Yes, NFL franchises are worth a lot of money. The Cardinals are included in that group. In fact Arizona is among the 2013 top 50 teams in value, according to Forbes.
Among the 50, they come up 39th, worth an estimated $922 million. One of the reasons is University is Phoenix Stadium, as Forbes writes in the list. "The team's stadium naming rights deal with University of Phoenix is one of largest in NFL, worth $154.5 million over 20 years."
Among the NFL teams, all of which were on the list, the Cards came in 25th. The most valuable team is the Dallas Cowboys, worth $2.1 billion.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals training camp preview: The safeties
- ROTB Arizona Cardinals podcast: Carson Palmer and ranking NFL QBs
- Arizona Cardinals training camp preview: Special teams
- What types of defenses has Carson Palmer had on his teams?
- NFL power rankings: Arizona Cardinals near the top of the 'un'rankings
- Calais Campbell says Arizona Cardinals 'very likely' to win NFC West
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.