On the heels of a report that the Arizona Cardinals are not pleased with the progress of left tackle Levi Brown, it could be that the team will look outside the team to bolster their offensive line.
Fox Sports 910's Mike Jurecki, who was the one to say that the team was not pleased with Brown's performance in offseason work, is now hearing that the team is having internal discussions about adding a tackle to the team.
In fact, the way was paved to easily do so with the roster changes on Tuesday, where three players were waived. While personally I think it is more likely that the team simply adds players to replace those they waived with the same positions, it is not unthinkable that another tackle could be added.
Now, as for who is left, there are a few veteran names out there. Eric Winston, Jared Gaither and D'Anthony Batiste are still available. (I thought I would mention him as a funny joke.) Of course, there are reasons why they are still unsigned.
Surely we will know within a few days whether a tackle is a target or if they will be looking for camp bodies at running back and tight end.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Tyrann Mathieu called one of the top rookies in 2013 to watch
- 2013 Arizona Cardinals training camp: Previewing the quarterbacks
- Arizona Cardinals have 3 of NFC's best position battles
- Jonathan Cooper still unsigned: battle of language or avoiding the signing bonus?
- 2013 Arizona Cardinals training camp: Is Levi Brown's starting job in jeopardy?
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.