When news came out that veteran pass rusher John Abraham was visiting the Arizona Cardinals, the team did not actually have to make any roster moves. They already waived three players and signed one, leaving two open spots on the 90-man preseason roster.
Now the Cardinals have made another pair of roster moves, both involving outside linebackers.
The team waived Tim Fugger, who failed his physical and placed Dan Giordano on the preseason physically unable to perform (PUP) list. That frees up another two spots on the roster and opens up the need for another OLB.
Whether that means Abraham is a sure thing is certainly up for debate, but everything is lining up nicely for that to happen.
In any case, Abraham or not, it appears that the team will soon be adding a player or two at the position.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- A statistical look at Bruce Arians-led offenses
- Arizona Cardinals 2013 training camp preview: The podcast
- 2013 Arizona Cardinals training camp: Tidbits, NFL rules and player stipends
- Veteran Defensive End to Visit Arizona
- Tyrann Mathieu called one of the top rookies in 2013 to watch
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.