The Arizona Cardinals finally get a day off of camp. It is required per the CBA. They will not practice Wednesday. They will not have an open practice on Thursday, as they will be in Tempe at the team facility. Friday they return to the stadium in Glendale and practice will be open again.
So what has happened over the last few days?
1. On Thursday, the players took their conditioning test. They all passed. In fact, they only had to run it twice (they usually do it three times)
2. Right tackle Eric Winston and linebacker John Abraham were late additions to the team. Ryan Swope retired before even practicing in pads. O'Briend Schofield was waived, then claimed by the Seattle Seahawks.
3. Carson Palmer raved about how the Cardinals made big veteran additions late.
4. Roughly 26,000 fans attended practices over the weekend in Glendale.
5. Daryn Colledge missed practice on Friday for the birth of his daughter.
6. Bruce Arians said that the team will (sometimes) use double punt returners.
8. Jonathan Cooper agreed to terms on his contract on Sunday. He ran his conditioning test in front of the team (he only had to run it twice) and jumped right in with the first team.
11. NFL Network was here on Tuesday.
12. Eric Winston was promoted to first team.
Daryn Colledge has a nerve issue in his leg. It is not fractured. No timetable for his return.
Tight end Jeff King is having issues with his knee.
Running back Ryan Williams has his knee flare up. He was going to get a second opinion, then didn't. He hopes to return to practice on Thursday.
Receiver LaRon Byrd suffered a concussion.
Linebacker Jasper Brinkley has been out with a knee issue.
Receiver Robert Gill tweaked his hamstring.
Michael Floyd has looked really good.
Drew Stanton has looked good.
Jonathan Cooper looks good only after a pair of practices.
The rookie running backs have looked strong.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- 2013 Arizona Cardinals training camp: 10 observations from Monday practice
- NFL training camp 2013: Images from Monday's Arizona Cardinals Monday practice
- NFL training camp 2013: Paul Fanaika 'really looking good' filling in for Colledge
- 53 Man Roster: Early Camp Edition
- NFL training camp: Alfonso Smith praised for blocking, getting coaches' attention