There are only five players listed as not expected to play. As was stated on Thursday, running back Ryan Williams is not on that list, meaning that he is expected to play at least a little bit.
The players that will not play are quarterback Caleb TerBush, tackle Joe Caprioglio, linebacker Dan Giordano (he has been on the preseason PUP list), tight end Jeff King and receiver Jarrett Dillard. Dillard, though, reportedly reached an injury settlement with the team, as he is currently suffering from a concussion he suffered during camp.
The major surprise is King's absence. He suited up and practiced Thursday for the first time since before offseason OTAs and was expected to play.
This will give the other tight ends on the roster behind him a chance to make plays and even perhaps take his roster spot. Thus far in the preseason, no one has done that.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals pass rush vs. Dallas Cowboys: How bad was it, really?
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: 5 questions with Bolts from the Blue
- Patrick Peterson getting more and more time with the Arizona Cardinals offense
- Arizona Cardinals close camp; Ryan Williams and Jeff King return to practice and will play on Saturday
- Arizona Cardinals top fantasy football prospects