With Jonathan Cooper breaking his leg on Saturday night, the big question is who will replace him. Head coach Bruce Arians would not specify what the team's plans might be, only saying "that's the things we will talk about."
During the game, it was Chilo Rachal that came in and took over at left guard. The offense went on to score a touchdown. Rachal has been number two at the position on the depth chart. Levi Brown and Daryn Colledge also seemed to think that Rachal would be the guy to take over.
The team has other possibilities, though.
Colledge was the team's starting left guard a season ago and is only playing right guard because Cooper was drafted. He could easily slide back over and play the position that he has for years. That, in turn, would open up the right guard position, where Paul Fanaika currently sits at number two.
Fanaika was a name that came up in the Arians press conference.
It looks like either Rachal or Fanaika will be somewhere on the line to fill the voided created at either guard position.
Another effect of this is that it creates some competition for the end of the roster. Senio Kelemete has added life, as he looks like he will not last all the way through final cuts. He will be in the mix, as will rookie Earl Watford.
Who should be the guy to come in and play between Levi Brown and Lyle Sendlein?
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Chargers vs. Cardinals final score: Arizona fall 24-7 in error and injury riddled game
- Jonathan Cooper injury: Arizona Cardinals rookie carted off the field
- Chargers vs. Cardinals: Keys to success for Arizona and key matchups
- Arizona Cardinals pass rush vs. Dallas Cowboys: How bad was it, really?
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: 5 questions with Bolts from the Blue