With the news of Jonathan Cooper's broken leg and the fact that he might be lost for the season, some of his teammates shared their thoughts.
Larry Fitzgerald said this:
"You just feel sorry for him, being a rookie and this is only being his third preseason game. He's a big part of who we're going to be and our identity moving forward -- not only for this year but for years to comes. You really feel bad for him."
Running back Alfonso Smith took the news pretty hard. He heard for the first time from the press that Cooper might miss the season. He really didn't know what to say, but said he would pray for him and his family.
On Twitter, there were a few comments:
Heart goes out to my boy @TheUnderDog_64 get healthy and come back stronger then ever.— Daryn Colledge (@DarynColledge71) August 25, 2013
Hoping for a speedy recovery for my guy @TheUnderDog_64— MichaelFloyd (@MichaelMFloyd) August 25, 2013
Pray for one of the most humble man I know @TheUnderDog_64 for a speedy recovery! Much love coop— Tony Jefferson (@tonyjefferson1) August 25, 2013
Cooper clearly has already made an impact on his teammates. That's nice to see.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Chargers vs. Cardinals final score: Arizona fall 24-7 in error and injury riddled game
- Jonathan Cooper injury: Arizona Cardinals rookie carted off the field
- Chargers vs. Cardinals: Keys to success for Arizona and key matchups
- Arizona Cardinals pass rush vs. Dallas Cowboys: How bad was it, really?
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: 5 questions with Bolts from the Blue