Then, to help with the team's situation at tight end, which is riddled by injuries and ineffectiveness, Arizona signed veteran tight end Richard Quinn.
Quinn (6-4, 264) comes to the Cardinals after he was released by the Cincinnati Bengals this past Sunday. In his fifth NFL season, Quinn has played in 30 career games with four starts and has one catch for nine yards. He entered the league as a second-round choice in the 2009 NFL Draft out North Carolina. He played in 29 games in two seasons with Denver before appearing in one contest with the Redskins in 2011. Quinn was inactive for 15 games last season while with the Bengals.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals in risky proposition with Ryan Williams
- Arizona Cardinals injury situation not as dire as once thought
- Arizona Cardinals to play starters vs Broncos, but only a little
- 8/27 Arizona Cardinals news: Offensive line shifting, Rob Housler's ankle, possible teams for Ryan Williams
- Final call to join or create ROTB fantasy leagues