With the Arizona Cardinals holding their Red and White practice Saturday afternoon, it might be a good idea to give you all an update on the players that won't be practicing.
Head coach Bruce Arians updated the media Saturday after the team's morning walk-through. He said that the team will be thin at running back and defensive line. They will have three backs and six defensive linemen.
Running back Rashard Mendenhall has some tendinitis in the patella tendon of his right knee, so he will be resting today. The team has an off day tomorrow, so Arians wanted to give him the extra day so he is 100 percent on Monday.
Defensive lineman Everrette Thompson hurt his arm and will be out.
Running back Ryan Williams "is getting another treatment," and Arians hoped that he would be back in time to play in the team's preseason opener in Green Bay. He will not practice.
Arians also indicated that no other players are returning from injury, so you can expect not to see tight ends Jeff King, Alex Gottlieb and Kory Sperry, cornerback Jamell Fleming, offensive lineman Daryn Colledge, linebacker Karlos Dansby and defensive tackle Dan Williams. Darnell Dockett, absent for personal reasons, will not make it back in time for practice.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals training camp 2013: Ryan Williams says "there's nothing wrong" with his knee
- What to watch for at the Red and White practice
- Arizona Cardinals training camp 2013: 10 observations from Friday practice
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Bobby Massie having a 'so-so' camp
- Arizona Cardinals training camp 2013: Dan Williams to miss some time with knee, ankle injuries; is having Pro Bowl camp
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.