Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians told his players "don't go buy a car yet" after the first round of cuts. Receiver Kerry Taylor should have followed that advice. No, he didn't buy a car, but he did celebrate a day early, announcing that his dream had come true. He was among the final cuts to get the roster down to the required 53 players.
The team placed tight end Jeff King (knee) and defensive lineman Ricky Lumpkin (shoulder) on season ending injured reserve and moved linebacker Daryl Washington to the suspended list (he has begun a four-game suspension).
That leaves the team with only four receivers.
Taylor, Johnson-Webb, Rowe and Scott are all eligible for the practice squad.
The way the roster stands, there are 11 defensive backs. More moves seem certain from the waiver wire.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- NFL roster cuts 2013: Reggie Walker unexpected cut for Arizona Cardinals, Kerry Taylor makes the team
- NFL roster cuts: Arizona Cardinals place Jonathan Cooper on injured reserve, say goodbye to 13
- NFL roster cuts: Predicting the (1st) 53-man roster for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals vs Broncos final score: The positives in the 32-24 win over Denver
- Cardinals vs. Broncos: 5 Negatives