One key pair of positional battles for the Arizona Cardinals are the offensive line bookends -- both right and left tackle. Heading in to the offseason, they had three guys for those two spots, but added Eric Winston. Now it is a two man battle for each spot -- Levi Brown and Nate Potter at left tackle and Eric Winston and Bobby Massie on the right side.
Head coach Bruce Arians said to the press (via azcardinals.com) that the competition is going well. He named Brown for having a very good week of camp. However, as Arians noted, "We could flip those guys daily if we wanted to."
It will come down to the "live bullets" in actual preseason games.
Currently it is Brown at number one left tackle and Winston at right tackle.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- NFL roster moves: Arizona waive LaRon Byrd, 2 others, sign 3 linemen
- NFL cracking down on after- play 'antics" again.
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Ryan Williams losing ground in roster battle, plans on playing vs Cowboys
- Cardinals Vs. Packers: Arizona starters to get about 15 plays in preseason opener
- Arizona Cardinals release first official 2013 depth chart
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.