The Arizona Cardinals will have their home opener in Week 2, hosting the Detroit Lions on Sunday. Arizona is coming off a loss, falling 27-24 on a last minute field goal to the St. Louis Rams, while the Lions opened the season with a 34-24 home victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
Vegas sports books have opened betting for Week 2 and the matchup in Glendale is considered an even one. It is so much so that when betting opened, there was no line at all -- it was a straight pick'em.
Since then, most sports books have the line now with the Lions as one-point favorites, but this does make it tough as a gambler to know which way to place your wager.
On one hand, it means that Vegas sees the Lions as the slightly superior team, as the home team traditionally gets a three-point edge. On the other, it just means that neither team inspires much betting.
If I'm the one giving advice on the wager, I say stay far away. This game is too unpredictable to feel any sort of confidence in a wager.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- NFL power rankings 2013: Arizona Cardinals at 23, 49ers at the top
- Cardinals vs. Rams defensive playing time: Johnson, Bell, Dansby are the ironmen
- Cardinals vs. Rams offensive snap count: Little Patrick Peterson, no Stepfan Taylor
- Arizona Cardinals are stuck with Jay Feely, for now
- Levi Brown can fix errors, no changes coming