Thursday Night Football is back again and it features a matchup of national interest, and it even could be more intriguing because of all the talk surrounding both teams in the offseason. The Pats had Tim Tebow, who was on the Jets a season ago. Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski have been in the headlines. The Jets and their QB mess has been ongoing.
Both teams came away with wins in Week 1. Here is our Vegas pick.
Jets at Patriots (-12): In any other week or season, you jump right on that bet in favor pf Brady and company. They would just put up points and more points. New England did not look good offensively and the Jets weren't an abomination. Brady does not have the weapons he needs and just won't be able to motor up the offense to blowout levels this week. So while an outright won for the Jets is probably not in the picture, we are starting off the week with an upset surprise. 12 points is too many for bulletless gun that are the Pats on offense. Take them all the way to the bank. Pick: Jets, +12.
In Week 1, I was 7-8-1 against the spread.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- [Podcast] Cardinals vs. Rams review: Concerns, Levi Brown, Jay Feely and more
- Larry Fitzgerald praises Tyrann Mathieu for work on, off the field; reflects on his age
- NFL power rankings: Arizona Cardinals rise, but still near bottom
- ROTB Roundtable: Biggest Factor, Area of Concern, and Levi Brown
- Arizona Cardinals bring in pair of tight ends, a receiver for workouts