The Arizona Cardinals began practicing in preparation for their game against the New Orleans Saints in Louisiana. However, they started the week of game prep without their leader in Larry Fitzgerald. He was held out of practice by head coach Bruce Arians. They did, though, get back tight end Rob Housler.
Fitzgerald wanted to practice, but Arians made him sit. In all likelihood, he will probably sit out Thursday and get limited work on Friday before the players leave for New Orleans.
Housler was limited, but was not the only one. Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander was limited in practice, as he was last week, with a biceps injury.
The Saints had a much longer list of players on their injury report. Seven players did not practice.
Did not practice: S Isa Abdul-Quddus (ankle), NT Broderick Bunkley (calf), G Jahri Evans (hamstring), DE Glenn Foster (ankle), S Roman Harper (knee), RB Mark Ingram (toe) and DE Tom Johnson (hamstring)
Limited: DE Tyrunn Walker (knee)
full participation: WR Marques Colston (foot), OLB Junior Galette (hamstring), CB Jabari Greer (back), DE Akiem Nicks (knee), ILB Curtis Lofton (knee), T Zack Strief (neck), OLB Martez Wilson (elbow)
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- ROTB Roundtable: Improved Areas, Concerns, and Important Factors
- Lions vs. Cardinals: Breaking down the defensive sets
- Lions vs. Cardinals review: Talking defensive schemes, young players and more on the ROTB podcast
- Cardinals vs. Lions: The good, the bad and the ugly
- Cardinals vs. Lions Review: What We Learned From The 25-21 Victory