The Arizona Cardinals will be in New Orleans this weekend to play the Saints at the Superdome. The Cards are coming off of a 25-21 comeback win over the Detroit Lions and the 2-0 Saints are fresh off of a 16-14 gift of a won over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
With the Saints on the schedule, Revenge of the Birds Radio (our site podcast/radio show) got on the horn with Dave Cariello, who writes for Canal Street Chronicles, and talked for about 20 minutes about the Saints' season and looked at the game on Sunday.
Listen to the show below after the article with the embedded player. you can also listen using the player here or by downloading the show directly.
Cariello spoke very highly the team's defense, despite their struggles to stop the run. They have been getting pressure on opposing quarterbacks, creating turnovers and keeping teams out of the end zone. Their opponents have scored a combined 31 points in two weeks, and seven of those points were points scored off a Drew brees interception.
The Saints have concerns with the offensive line, but the Cardinals have not shown they can get to the quarterback so far.
Cariello said that Saints fans are not worried about the game in terms of losing to the Cardinals, but he expects a close one -- within a touchdown.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- NFL odds, Week 3: New Orleans open as more than touchdown favorites over Cardinals
- Lions vs. Cardinals review: Rookies Andre Ellington, Tyrann Mathieu impress; Veteran John Abraham struggles according to PFF
- NFL injury report, Week 3: Larry Fitzgerald doesn't plan on missing game vs. Saints.
- Lions vs. Cardinals review: Talking defensive schemes, young players and more on the ROTB podcast
- Lions vs. Cardinals: Breaking down the defensive sets