When the Arizona Cardinals take on the New Orleans Saints at 1 PM Eastern, they will have star receiver Larry Fitzgerald on the field starting, but they will be without one of their defensive starters. Starting nose tackle Dan Williams will miss the game as his family was involved in a car accident that killed his father on Saturday.
Williams will be among the inactives for the Cardinals.
With Dan Williams out, we could see playing time for Alameda Ta'amu, but we also might just see a lot of the Cardinals' base nickel package, which only plays two defensive linemen.
Here are the full inactive lists for both teams.
- TE D.C. Jefferson
- QB Ryan Lindley
- T Bobby Massie
- LB Kevin Minter
- G Earl Watford
- DT Dan Williams
- RB Ryan Williams
- S Isa Abdul-Quddus
- DT Broderick Bunkley
- S Roman Harper
- RB Mark Ingram
- DT Tom Johnson
- CB Rod Sweeting
- WR Nick Toon
Another notable active player for the Cardinals is tight end Rob Housler, who will make his 2013 debut after missing the first two games with a high ankle sprain. His addition should make an impact.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Fantasy football advice, Week 3: Who to start or sit in Cardinals vs. Saints?
- Cardinals vs. Saints preview: 5 questions for Canal Street Chronicles
- Cardinals vs Saints preview: New Orleans pleased with Rob Ryan's defense [podcast]
- Cardinals vs. Saints: 3 keys to an Arizona Week 3 win over New Orleans
- NFL odds, Week 3: New Orleans open as more than touchdown favorites over Cardinals